HoT Sale?

HoT Sale?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

Any chance of HoT going on sale? Feel like it should have, as its been released for 7 or 8 months now

HoT Sale?

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Hot has been on sale, just not via official website.

If you’re in Australia, eb games has recently had it for half price. I think that sale may still be on.

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Nightfade.4625

Nightfade.4625

How about a savings for those poor suckers who bought the “buy once, play forever” line. Although one might argue that if it sounds too good to be true, one might ought to have know better.

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can purchase Heart of Thorns, and play it forever. You can play (core) Guild Wars 2 forever. You can play any of the Guild Wars (One) campaigns purchased forever.

Not sure what the issue is.

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s going to sound jaded, but if you can wait until the next expansion comes out . . . there’s a good chance they’ll include Heart of Thorns in it . . . if history is any indication.

If and when you see it on sale on the official website, that means the next expansion is coming out soon . . . again if history is any indication. . . .

Careful about buying the expansion anywhere else, though. Heard some nightmare stories that didn’t end well.

Gone to Reddit.

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

How about a savings for those poor suckers who bought the “buy once, play forever” line. Although one might argue that if it sounds too good to be true, one might ought to have know better.

You bought Guild Wars 2 once and you play it forever. There is nothing to stop you from playing Guild Wars 2. It’s not a line.

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is an expansion and sold separately. Guild Wars 1 worked the same way.

Buy to play doesn’t mean you get every expansion for free forever. Buy to play means you don’t have to pay a monthly subscription fee to play the game.

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Through ArenaNet, HoT will likely never go on sale. I doubt they’ll want to have to offer refunds every expansion, so instead, they’ll simply upgrade recent purchases. Once the living world season starts, they may also tack the price on to HoT to justify keeping the price higher, similar to how the heroic edition was released a year after launch.

Through 3rd parties, you can rarely find it for ~$25, usually from retailers clearing out the physical boxes. You can commonly find it for $30-$40, though, that’s not anything special considering HoT could be found for $34 a month into pre-purchasing. DLGamer for example always has it on sale, varying from ~15 to 30% off every few weeks, which is currently at $38.

In ~6 months, I wouldn’t recommend buying it through 3rd parties however, as the next expansion should be revealed in a little over a year, 2 at most.

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Best Buy has it for $40 or $31 if you have their membership thing.

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Yeah. And when the next expansion comes, you can expect to be way behind the power curve if you don’t get that. Not only that, presumably they’ll again take away some features you’ve earned and lock it behind the expansion.

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Keep in mind, expansions were never supposed to happen. Living Story, and later Living World, were supposed to update the game for free. So, originally, the ’Buy Once, Play Forever" advertisement was true.

But I think we all know how that worked out.

Regardless, I did a little search and found HoT for sale on Amazon for twenty bucks . . . if you want to take a chance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000WJQXQE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

HoT should not go on sale.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

HoT Sale?

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

I’ve only bought it once and I’m still playing. I won’t be playing forever as I expect I’ll die someday. If you paid more than once maybe you should look into a refund?

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

You did buy it to play forever and you still can play it forever, nothing have changed the core game is there to be played forever. Only you being greedy wanting this to include expansions to come which it ofc does not. Have no clue why you would expect that, since i mean, you can’t really been born in to the game world like yesterday

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Deathal.2075

Deathal.2075

So, has anyone seen this game on sale recently. I want the HoT but i Cannot afford full price at this point in life.
If someone sees HoT on Sale please send me a reply. Thanks all.

HoT Sale?

Posted by: faunabay.9320

faunabay.9320

Just keep checking different places Deathal. I recently found a “new, still sealed” copy on eBay for $32 with free shipping. Not a bad price at all!

HoT Sale?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You may see a sale as we get closer to the holidays.