HoT event help

HoT event help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: leeny.5362

leeny.5362

Hi,
So, I have all the waypoints, gliding mastery and bouncing mushroom mastery and so I can get around the four maps of HoT. Now I need to grind experience. I’ve been wandering around these maps doing random events that pop up, but this way seems slow. Is there a better way? Should I be using the LFG tool somehow? Where should I start? What are the best events to look for or the best places to hang out and wait for events? I looked at some guides, but have yet to see all those events. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

HoT event help

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just do the events with +exp stuff active. You should have at least +50%(15% food, 15% utility, 10% this year’s fireworks, 10% last year’s fireworks). Pretty much all the HoT events are part of an event chain with few exceptions. Wandering around is probably not as efficient as compared to completing chains. Dragon’s Stand is probably the simplest to follow since you are more or less just going in a straight line until the boss. You’ll want to use the LFG to look for an organized map.

HoT event help

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

DS gives awesome experience, just make sure to join a squad a few minutes before map reset (every two hours on the half hour, even or odd hours depending on your time zone) and then taxi in. Pick a lane, stick with the squad in that lane, you’ll get oodles of xp.

VB is easier — go there when daylight hits, pick an outpost (Pale Reavers, Nobles, Itzel, Pact Camp, or, um, the guys in the NW) and follow the event chain until that outpost is done, then mop up what other outposts need it. If your map wants to organize for T4 night, help out! A guildie and I did that today, made it to T4 and a coat box. I’m xp capped in HoT now but she got around half the xp needed for Advanced Gliding. Along with enormous amounts of loot (I salvaged enough luck to buy 10 red lanterns for my guild hall).