HoT support class

HoT support class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Smangit.7046

Smangit.7046

So i have all my dps classes i could want, its about time i made or swapped specs on any of my toons for a more defensive support class. Was wondering what you guys thought? Ele seemed cool with all the water attunement regen soothing mist and what not, guardian with all his condition removal and reflects and whatnot, or druid now with its healing, thats all i know about druid haha. so peoples, help a nooby out, looking for best defensive support for all around play, little pve, little pvp, little wvw

HoT support class

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

For support, it’s really about what kind of support. Do you want to go for boons exclusively? Healing exclusively? A mix of both?

For defensive support my preference would be the mixture with a focus on protection uptime, so I will explain my thoughts on that. However, if you want to know about some other ones, just say so!

Elementalists using water/earth have pretty good track records with this, providing frequent boons and healing.

Guardians are not as great for constant protection for those around them, and their heals are decent but there are better options.

Druids are nearly exclusively straight healing so they don’t fit that mold as well.

Revenants, I’m going to split into two discussions because there are two ways to play it:

Herald: fantastic boon support, you can provide nearly all boons with permanent uptime (might, sprint, regen, fury, and protection), but applying direct healing is very limited in its options.

Ventari’s Tablet: direct healing for this is not quite as high as a druid and definitely more technically demanding (not underpowered in terms of support, but much harder to pull of really well). A mobile reflect is very useful, and with the right traits you can provide AoE protection and regen as well as steady and pretty good direct healing

My personal verdict: an elementalist is nice because you really dont have to work to provide that mix support, but if you want to be a mix of boons and actual healing you will have better results with Ventari as long as you know what you are doing.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

HoT support class

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Added: I understand that engineers can provide good regen heals, but I don’t know how to play an engineer well at all so I won’t try to explain anything I don’t understand. I hope this helps!

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

HoT support class

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I think guardian would be your best bet. They have many forgiving mechanics such as blocks and blinds, provide good boons, reflects, good heals. Next I would recommend mesmer, which you can find out about in the mesmer subforum. This is a general recommendation, what content you are doing should be taken into account.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE