Hope for Change in Guild Wars 1 and 2

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jason Lord Of Doom.3589

Jason Lord Of Doom.3589

When I first saw that Guild Wars 2 was going to come out, people said that it would be the same game-play as the original Guild Wars but with a different story, I was so excited that I pre-ordered the game and could not wait to play. Now I am disappointed with the game-makers. Guild Wars 2 is based mainly on interacting with other players and is required to do so with many quests that I have seen so far, especially the dynamic events, which if you are by yourself will either take a very long time or will be impossible to do. I love the idea of having so many new things to do like crafting, cooking, gathering…but it is very unlike Guild Wars and is really similar to World of Warcraft which I completely dislike.
Would it be possible for the game makers to expand the original Guild Wars again? If not could they at least change the game-play of Guild Wars 2? Either one would be magnificent to have. If it is possible to change Guild Wars 2’s game-play, I would like it to be a little more similar to Guild Wars when you could have (as said in other related topics) henchmen and heroes to add to your party so you would not have to worry about completing quests and events with other players. When this game gets old and is rarely played by those who bought it like Guild Wars is now, I would like to go back and play it again some times but if many things require other players…what is the point?

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

You should have followed the game, not what other people said about it. They were very upfront the whole time about what kind of game they were creating.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

When I first saw that Guild Wars 2 was going to come out, people said that it would be the same game-play as the original Guild Wars but with a different story

No one ever said this. In fact, AN has been talking about the new gameplay system ever since GW2 was on the drawing boards.

Posted by: waltercross.5392

waltercross.5392

Dynamic events are not to hard by yourself unless It’s a field boss. Most dynamic events scale in difficulty. I have no prob’s doing quest with others in this game. It’s so dynamic and easy to join, you don’t even need to chat to do so.

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

Please Anet, change the game, i don’t like it.

What the hell did i just read.

Posted by: Jen Tull.5867

Jen Tull.5867

When I first saw that Guild Wars 2 was going to come out, people said that it would be the same game-play as the original Guild Wars but with a different story, I was so excited that I pre-ordered the game and could not wait to play. Now I am disappointed with the game-makers. Guild Wars 2 is based mainly on interacting with other players and is required to do so with many quests that I have seen so far, especially the dynamic events, which if you are by yourself will either take a very long time or will be impossible to do. I love the idea of having so many new things to do like crafting, cooking, gathering…but it is very unlike Guild Wars and is really similar to World of Warcraft which I completely dislike.
Would it be possible for the game makers to expand the original Guild Wars again? If not could they at least change the game-play of Guild Wars 2? Either one would be magnificent to have. If it is possible to change Guild Wars 2’s game-play, I would like it to be a little more similar to Guild Wars when you could have (as said in other related topics) henchmen and heroes to add to your party so you would not have to worry about completing quests and events with other players. When this game gets old and is rarely played by those who bought it like Guild Wars is now, I would like to go back and play it again some times but if many things require other players…what is the point?

Your describing a single player game!

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

THis would be a suggestion thread, and this is the PhP forum, not the suggestion one. Please, help us keep the forums clean and organised by not posting off forums.
Closing this thread