How Do I Find a Player By Character Name?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Mr Cranch.3768

Mr Cranch.3768

I joined a spontaneous party the other day and the other players were pretty solid. I had hoped to track them down later, so I wrote down their character names, but the Contacts menu isn’t finding them. Is there a way to find them again? (No, I didn’t get their account names; I didn’t think of it.) My follow-up question would be: I can contact them via in-game email, right?

P.S. Yeah, they might not want me to find them (I think I held my own!), but here’s hoping…

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

I’m surprised, I was under the impression you could just add someone by their character name – perhaps they have to be online at the time or something? Or I’m just mistaken.

At any rate, yes you can use in-game mail to contact them by their character names, and mail is for the most part account-wide so whichever character they next log in with, they should see your mail.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I joined a spontaneous party the other day and the other players were pretty solid. I had hoped to track them down later, so I wrote down their character names, but the Contacts menu isn’t finding them. Is there a way to find them again? (No, I didn’t get their account names; I didn’t think of it.) My follow-up question would be: I can contact them via in-game email, right?

P.S. Yeah, they might not want me to find them (I think I held my own!), but here’s hoping…

It won’t help you much in this particular case but it might in the future: next time, don’t write down their names but rightclick them and add them to your contact list rightaway.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

i believe contacts list will only find them by character name if they are online only otherwise you have to use their accountname or the 4 account digits even, not 100% sure on this though

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Contacts list will show them by account name and character name if they’re online. Just account name if they’re offline.

I’ve started adding anyone I do a DE or party with to my Contacts list so I have a list of people who are fun to play with.

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I thought you could do this the way you described… I’ve noticed issues with the mail system where names are case-sensitive. This might be the case here as well?

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]