How To Make Soulbound Items Account Bound

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Required Items:
-2 Fine transmutation stones
-Soulbound item that you wish to make account bound
-Item of white quality (white text) of the same item class (e.g. if you’re unbinding an exotic greatsword, have a greatsword of white quality available)

Process:
Use the transmutation stone
-Place the item you want to be unbound (e.g. exotic Greatsword) in one window
-Place the white quality item of the same item class (e.g. white quality greatsword) in the second window
-Choose the skin of the item you want to be unbound (e.g. exotic greatsword)
-Choose the stats of the white quality item
Press okay.

You should now have an account bound, white quality version of the skin you wanted to unbind that can be placed in the bank for use on any applicable character.
Enjoy!

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

This only works for skins. So it is actually how to make soulbound skins accountbound. And it is actually a very old method being used since the beginning. At the moment most people have issues with soulbound stats.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

What if I transmute a legendary? What about the stats? Will the white item still count as “legendary”?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

What if I transmute a legendary? What about the stats? Will the white item still count as “legendary”?

Nope, you will loose the stats and only keep the looks. You also won’t be able too choose your stats when double clicking.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Nope, you will loose the stats and only keep the looks. You also won’t be able too choose your stats when double clicking.

From my understanding (NOTE: I HAVE NOT DONE THIS), you can transfer the transmuted Legendary Weapon to the desired character and THEN use a TRANSMUTATION SPLITTER to retrieve the original Legendary Weapon with stat swapping working as intended (it is now soulbound to the character that SPLIT it). This process does NOT generate a SOULBOUND ON USE Legendary Weapon that can be sold or given to other characters.

NOTE: this will NOT work the same way to try and obtain a SKIN that has been applied to a weapon.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This only works for skins. So it is actually how to make soulbound skins accountbound. And it is actually a very old method being used since the beginning. At the moment most people have issues with soulbound stats.

Stats are tied to what MAKES an item Soulbound, so that issue is never going to have a solution (but nothing you said is invalid).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances