How are people leveling so fast?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Asthenea.1546

Asthenea.1546

I just want know how people are level 80 already. Now before you start I understand that the game is not about getting level cap, its about enjoying the ride. I’m totally aware and I love that, but I feel like I’ve been in the grove for like a week and i’m starting to get sick of it, I want to start doing dungeons and getting into some cool areas. So level 80 folks can you share your secrets?

Posted by: Cheekything.6941

Cheekything.6941

Honestly the best way is to just complete areas untill you have about 3-5 gold (it’s not as much or as hard as it seems) then do a bunch of crafting to level up, there are many guides on how much of each item you need and in which order to craft them.

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

It’s time invested. It doesn’t take an awful lot of time to level to 80 because the leveling curve is actually pretty flat. That can be shortened by crafting (before cooking was nerfed, it was particularly fast and good for around 10 character levels in the space of a few hours). But in general, it’s time invested. Headstart was over two weeks ago now, and that’s more than enough time to reach level 80 on about 8-9 hours of play per day, less if you did the crafting route or have a lot of WvW XP coming in quickly.

Posted by: Zoss.8476

Zoss.8476

Not 80 yet but I did take two weeks off. Otherwise would be 80 within the first week.
Do everything. Crafting and Dynamic Events are probably the best things you could do for exp. Do personal storyline asap when you hit the required level.

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

I’m close to my second 80, and what “carried” me the most was probably participating in dynamic events and crafting, but basically just playing the game (doing story, exploring the world etc.).

I guess it’s just a matter of played time, since i had a nice free time after release, i played from dusk till dawn.

Posted by: Asmodaus.1028

Asmodaus.1028

I just go around doing personal story and event and hearts, and gives tons of XP. I work 40 hours a week so i only get a few hours a day after work. I play more on weekends if i dont have to work. I am lvl 38 now, i was 28 on friday. Just do dailies, events, hearts personal story and craft, it goes faster than you think. I havent even touched sPVP or WVW yet.

-No mercy for the weak, No pity for the dying, No tears for the slain- /-\S/\/\()|)/-\|_|S
-Often Imitated But Never Duplicated-