How are we supposed to figure out what we need for legendary weapons?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: TurnipKnight.2096

TurnipKnight.2096

Legendary weapons will obviously require a huge time commitment. That’s fine. What isn’t fine, is that I don’t know what I need to commit my time to. For example, each dungeon vendor sells a “gift” that can be used to create a legendary weapon. It costs 500 tokens. It will take a long time to accumulate that many tokens. But how do I know which gift I need? How do I know which dungeon I need to commit my time to?

Even the wiki doesn’t list the dungeon gifts anywhere. Is this something anyone could even figure out in-game without going to multiple websites? What was the plan for having players figure this out?

Posted by: Stretch.2741

Stretch.2741

The Guild wars 2 Wiki does actually show you all the legendary weapons, and what is required to put them together, thats how i found out. Not sure where you were looking but its there.

TurnipKnight.2096

None of the dungeon gifts are listed on the wiki.

Posted by: Stretch.2741

Stretch.2741

The Wiki shows which gift you need for each weapon, All you need to do is go to the vendors and see which one of them sells that gift, and then do that dungeon. Unless there’s something i’m missing in your question

TurnipKnight.2096

The only dungeon gifts listed on the wiki are from TA and AC. The other dungeon’s gifts are not listed.

Posted by: Teulux.6732

Teulux.6732

It wouldn’t be very legendary if everyone knew right from level 1 on how to craft them would it?

I don’t think you understand the whole point of the weapons and the systems in place to make the weapons.

When you understand that come back to the PLAYERS HELPING PLAYERS forum and help others achieve the knowledge you have gained.

Posted by: Mantrid.7805

Mantrid.7805

It’s legendary because very few people are supposed to have it. It’s not simply the next tier.

All things have the right to grow.
Oh wait. Nightmare Court doesn’t.

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

I’d assume that legendaries would be difficult because the components are difficult to acquire, not because we don’t know how to make them. Spending weeks worth of resources only to find they are not useful for what you are seeking doesn’t sound like fun.

Posted by: Ralcore.9354

Ralcore.9354

Be very careful going solely by what you find on the wiki, as many people are finding that this is not all that is required to craft the legendary items. Also keep in mind you can only craft legendary items based on what crafting skills you have maxed out. WC and AC will let you make a greatsword, but not a staff, for example.

Obviously, as time goes on more information will become available as to what is needed for each item. Until then, I recommend focusing on another aspect of the game and collecting whatever you happen to collect. Most of the stuff can be shared between your characters, so even if something you collected isn’t useful for one character, it may be just what you need for another. Legendary items are really just for the skin anyway, so it shouldn’t impact how effective you are in game (unless you gain super powers from fancy glowy sparkles IRL, lol).

80 Norn Guardian “Professor Whom”
<80 Char Warrior “Ralcore”

Posted by: Verithal.4912

Verithal.4912

The information is open to an extent. From looking at the wiki, each legendary weapon requires two ‘Gifts’, a Bloodstone shard. And a specific exotic weapon. – The ‘Gifts’ are created by a specific profession. For example; The gift of Metal is made from Weaponsmithing 400, the patterns for these ‘gifts’ can be bought from Miyani, a black haired Human Female located next to the Mystic Forge in Lion’s Arch. Be warned, she lacks a merchant symbol above her skull, only a talking symbol. – The Patterns are located on the second tab. On the first tab, you’ll find the “Bloodstone Shard” which costs 200 Skillpoints. The materials, and professions required to make the ‘gifts’ for your own legendary, can be located on the Wiki.

Now, we’re missing the final component; The specific exotic weapon. – Sunrise requires Dawn, Twilight requires Dusk. And so forth, unfortunately, the information regarding those weapons has yet to be revealed to us, though people have certaintly figured it out; considering they’ve been popping up on the Trading Post. – In time, the exact method will be revealed. As of right now, it is SPECULATED that 4 Exotic level weapons will have a -CHANCE- to create the desired weapon in the mystic forge.

So, 4 Exotic Greatswords (Not rare) in the mystic forge, have a -chance- to create Dawn, or Dusk. And 4 Exotic Staves in the Mystic Forge have a -chance- to create The Legend.

As I said before, this is speculation! If you have money to burn, go ahead and test this theory. But I’d suggest waiting until the method is concreate. – If I figure it out, I’ll make a video of the entire process and post it on the forums.