How can two people level a guild?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

What can the two of us. Three on occasion do to level our guild hall?

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’m going to ask the stupid question, but is it ok to recruit others?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

People have built a guild hall with only two before. Take your time and don’t be afraid to ask for help from others.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: sakura.7961

sakura.7961

To level up your guild you need Guild Experience (GXP). You get 35 GXP for each guild upgrade, and 100 GXP for each restoration. Each level takes a 100 GXP, so if you are now level 12, you will need about 300 GXP to reach level 15. You can find an overview of upgrades on the wiki.

As far as I am aware, all materials required for guild upgrades can be acquired regardless of your player number, provided you have the appropriate crafting levels. So even with just two it can be done, although it will take some time.

Edit: I forgot to add, you also need Favor and Aetherium. The former comes from Guild Missions, the latter from your Mine.

More violets, less violence.

(edited by sakura.7961)

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

We have played since GW1 and are basically a no drama guild that just a few friends that talk about each others lives. Recurring people just to raise out guild level might seem a little selfish.

So what missions owuld you suggest for two average players do?
Also once a month we do get three or four, so what other ones are easy?

Posted by: sakura.7961

sakura.7961

I don’t do missions so I sadly can’t help you with that. The wiki does mention some missions that you can do on your own if you join another guild’s instance, see here.

More violets, less violence.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Easy level guild treks can be solo’ed.
Medium level guild trek you’ll want two.
Hard level guild trek is doable with three but that can but a little close with the timer if you are unlucky.

Guild races can be done with other guilds.

Easy level guild bounties only have 3 possible targets(Brekabek, Trillia Midwell and Poobadoo) and they be solo’ed with a bit of effort or easily done with 2 but you can always ask map chat for a bit of help as well.

Unless you are gathering the other materials at a fairly brisk pace you generally won’t need to worry too much about favor. Just keep an eye out for guild treks and doing those would be enough to keep up most of the time.

Oh also make sure you have your mission preference set to PvE only if for no other reason than the fact that some of the WvW and PvP missions requires a minimum of 3 guild members to participate to get credit.

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

As others have said, set your missions preference to PVE.

The easy and medium treks can be done with two people. Just have the Dulfy guide open and knock them out.

The easy bounty is typically easy to achieve. I try to make sure the target is near a way point before activating. Call out in map chat if you need help. People will show up.

Keep an eye out for races that are either already at 15/15 from another guild or close to it. Start your mission, and have one run the course while one protects. Hopefully the other guild will still have people in there clearing the way. Once you complete the course once if it is already at 15/15, you can just talk to the NPC at the end and ask to end the mission early. Your guild will get credit for the completed race.

Favor will be the least of your issues. Materials are going to either take a tremendous amount of farming or you will need to spend tons of gold to acquire.

I have a 3 person guild at level 60 now. It was no easy feat and very costly. But I am insane and something of a completionist.