How do I block ALL mail from players?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Pirate.6257

Pirate.6257

Hopefully someone has the answer to this problem.

I often play in offline/hidden mode so I’m not bothered by random whispers and the gold selling spammers every few mins. It’s the worst in Heart of the Mists.

But now I am constantly getting mail from either players saying “Hey tried to whisper, but you were offline” or the normal Spam Mail from Gold Sellers.

Its driving me crazy and my mailbox is always full…. Can I just block ALL MAIL somehow?

EDIT:
Yes I block each individual player when I receive a mail, but with the gold sellers alone is hundred of random gibberish character names I have block 1 at a time.

(edited by Pirate.6257)

Posted by: Fjaeldmark.9043

Fjaeldmark.9043

I don’t mean this in a rude way but, have you considered a single player game?

Pirate.6257

I don’t mean this in a rude way but, have you considered a single player game?

This is the type of message I wish to block.

I love multiplayer games for the pvp, and am always in TS with friends.

I’m just trying to filter out random people I don’t know or wish to talk to.

It would be different If any of the messages were about something besides gold selling spam.

EDIT:
I hate PvE and single player games, PvP is the only thing that interests me.

(edited by Pirate.6257)

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

Short answer:

No

Longer answer that might help:

You could have someone send you 10 messages, filling up your queue causing no more messages to ever be displayed. Not exactly what you want but a possible workaround.

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Short answer:

No

You could have someone send you 10 messages, filling up your queue causing no more messages to ever be displayed. Not exactly what you want but a possible workaround.

There is a way… But no one will talk to the original poster…

Pull up the Friend List area, and change your status from green (online) to grey (offline)… No one can whisper you then, this can have detrimental effects in other areas of the game, so I would be very cautious in using it excessively.

I block and report the gold sellers, and I rarely get them contacting me once I block two or three of their accounts. Yet, I’ve used the Offline status method to hide from many people when I don’t want to be bothered.

Pirate.6257

Short answer:

No

Thanks, this is the only “solution” I have found.

Playing in HotM, my mailbox will fill up with gold selling spam very quickly.

I guess i just have to get used to the red full mail icon.

Pull up the Friend List area, and change your status from green (online) to grey (offline)… No one can whisper you then, this can have detrimental effects in other areas of the game, so I would be very cautious in using it excessively.

I almost always play in offline mode and I understand this is how I block whispers, my question was how to block everyone from mailing me. Detrimental effects? not sure what you mean by that.

The only way I found to block new mail, is to leave my mailbox full.

Was hoping and asking if there is another way.

(edited by Pirate.6257)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No, there is no way to block players from sending you mail.

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Hopefully someone has the answer to this problem.

I often play in offline/hidden mode so I’m not bothered by random whispers and the gold selling spammers every few mins. It’s the worst in Heart of the Mists.

But now I am constantly getting mail from either players saying “Hey tried to whisper, but you were offline” or the normal Spam Mail from Gold Sellers.

Its driving me crazy and my mailbox is always full…. Can I just block ALL MAIL somehow?

EDIT:
Yes I block each individual player when I receive a mail, but with the gold sellers alone is hundred of random gibberish character names I have block 1 at a time.

I don’t know of a way to do this BUT I will say that after blocking people like crazy for awhile, I have not had any problems with unwanted emails.

I feel your pain but just keep blocking, most of the unwanted stuff seems to come from a minority of players who are repeat offenders. I personally have not had problems with gold sellers emailing me, not sure what that’s about.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

If you are new to the game you will be flooded for a while. The trick is to block and report them all and after a few days it will stop and in the end you will maybe get one every now and then. At least this worked for me for over 3 years.