How do I recognize a successful player?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The cool kids walk and know what Eye of the North looks like on the inside.

Anyone can go to EotN, it’s about having pets and items there.

No, not everyone can go, not in GW2.

There is a merchant in LA who “sells” the HoM portal stones. Anyone can get one for free.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The best players tend to be humble. They have a quiet confidence in their own abilities, learn from their mistakes, and accept correction and criticism from others. Overtime this leads them to be masters of their class.

This also makes it near-impossible to find them. People who constantly talk about themselves or brag tend to have something to hide—usually their own incompetence.

Wow, I must SUCK! lol

With 3,000 hours since launch, I expect you have at least a modicum of skill.

You overestimate me, my friend. lol

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

secondary accounts (which are technically against the EULA)

No they are not. You are not allowed to use a secondary account in e.g. multi-boxing, but there is nothing wrong with having a secondary account for e.g. storage (or just to email items for storage knowing you will get it back).

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

secondary accounts (which are technically against the EULA)

No they are not. You are not allowed to use a secondary account in e.g. multi-boxing, but there is nothing wrong with having a secondary account for e.g. storage (or just to email items for storage knowing you will get it back).

Yeah, just read through the EULA. There is nothing stating you are not allowed to have multiple accounts. Multi-boxing falls under a different category as it’s controlling multiple accounts with the same key (one key, one action).

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yep, the rules are you can have multiple accounts and can even run multiple accounts at once BUT you can’t be controlling them all at once.

If you hold down W only one character in one account should move forward. If you’re controlling 2 or more accounts at once then that’s not allowed.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Yep, the rules are you can have multiple accounts and can even run multiple accounts at once BUT you can’t be controlling them all at once.

If you hold down W only one character in one account should move forward. If you’re controlling 2 or more accounts at once then that’s not allowed.

You can control more than once. Simply use 2 keyboards and press 2 keys with your 2 hands. Good luck aiming and stuff, though.

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

check whether they have 100g tag or not.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You can control more than once. Simply use 2 keyboards and press 2 keys with your 2 hands. Good luck aiming and stuff, though.

Well yes. But the point is it has to stick to the ‘1 button press = 1 action on 1 account rule’. You can’t set it up so one keyboard/mouse is controlling 3 accounts because otherwise you could run around doing world bosses (or whatever) and get 3 times the loot for the same effort as playing normally.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

You never know in pve…

Some guy with a legendary in my fotm party constantly wiped. He was a warrior. I was a thief and I outlived him while staying in the fight as much as he/she did. In pvp it’s usually titles. In wvw its mostly guild tags.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

You know a good player from a bad player when you watch and listen to them for a few minutes. Good friendly attitudes seem to go hand in hand with actual skill. In town, a knowledgeable and skilled player is there taking a break and managing inventory (and dealing with the inevitable bio break), and while he/she is at it is usually willing to share information with anyone who asks and maybe take time to hang with other people. Bad players on the other hand have terrible attitudes, and will verbally harass other players for asking questions, for looking too “gay” or being female, or any other crazy reason (reason is always something too stupid to have any relevance in real life or game). Bad players also brag about their own skills which if you ever catch them actually playing you will quickly realize the greatest skill they have is in their own ability to imagine they’re any good.

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

You know a good player from a bad player when you watch and listen to them for a few minutes. Good friendly attitudes seem to go hand in hand with actual skill. In town, a knowledgeable and skilled player is there taking a break and managing inventory (and dealing with the inevitable bio break), and while he/she is at it is usually willing to share information with anyone who asks and maybe take time to hang with other people. Bad players on the other hand have terrible attitudes, and will verbally harass other players for asking questions, for looking too “gay” or being female, or any other crazy reason (reason is always something too stupid to have any relevance in real life or game). Bad players also brag about their own skills which if you ever catch them actually playing you will quickly realize the greatest skill they have is in their own ability to imagine they’re any good.

Met 1 person this entire time who bragged about their skill as a guardian when we invited them to fotm 48 grawl. Couple minutes in he was downed and I had to [Shadowstep]+[Shadow Refuge] to get him up… Lucky for him I just wanted the craptal over so I ignored his previous statement and spared him the embarresment.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

To slightly overstretch the conclusion from one of the last extra credits: players that do not blame failure on others.

Some thought provoking quote