How do I reset Skins?

How do I reset Skins?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Q:

Hi,

I didn’t realize that double clicking some skins would actually change the appearance of my character. I thought it would just add it to the wardrobe or something. How do I reset my appearance back to the stuff I’m actually wearing?

Thanks. I’m a real noob at wardrobe stuff.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

How do I reset Skins?

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

A:

Thanks for trying to help everyone. I got an answer in game. It was an Outfit I clicked on. So I had to go to the outfit tab and click it off.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

How do I reset Skins?

Posted by: Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

If it was just a skin in your inventory then you have to go to your wardrobe and reapply the old skin. If it was an actually item with a skin you wanted then you just have to reequip the old armor or weapon.

How do I reset Skins?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It will cost a transmute charge per item to get the previous look again, unless you were using one of the few free to apply skins (from achievement chests or from a GW1 linked account). Check the wiki for all the ways to get the charges. The simplest is to make an alt and map the racial cities, you get one charge per completed city map.

How do I reset Skins?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Are you sure it changed the skin and didn’t just swap which item you had equipped? Double clicking a skin in your inventory brings up the Hero Panel with a confirmation box asking if you want to apply it to your current equipment, and showing you what that will look like. So it shouldn’t be something you can easily do by accident.

But if the original item isn’t in your inventory and you’re sure you changed the skin here’s how to change it back:

1) Open the Hero Panel and select the wardrobe.

2) Hover the mouse over the item you want to reskin and look for a line in it’s description which says ‘Transmuted’, below that will be the name of the original item.

3) Then click on it and look for a skin with the same name in the list that comes up on the left (either search or hover over them). Alternatively if you remember the icon you could find it that way.

There are some items where the name of the item and skin are different. For example all ascended coats use the same skin so my coat says ‘Transmuted Verata’s Guise’ but the skin is called ‘Illustrious Guise’. If you can’t find a skin with the same name try clicking through all of them to find one that looks right or use the Wiki to find out what the skin is called.

4) Click on the skin you want to apply and you’ll get a preview of what it will look like on your character and a confirmation box on the right. Applying it will cost 1 transmutation charge, but if you don’t use the wardrobe much you should have plenty of charges because you get them from logging in. Click ‘Apply’ and you’re done.

5) Repeat as necessary for all the skins you want to change.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”