Posted by: PKobra.1230

PKobra.1230

Hi, i would like to know how to get trait points and how many i get at lvl 80

Just trying to do my best.

How do i get trait points?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: The Pointless.3869

The Pointless.3869

You get them rewarded to you as you level, with the first being granted at L30, and then one per every few levels, to a maximum of 14 by the time you reach 80.

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

It depends on when your hero was created.

If it existed before that latest patch Apr 15 then all traits are unlocked and you just need to level your character up to assign trait points to the traits starting at level 30.

If your hero was created after the April 15 patch then all traits are locked and certain tasks must be performed to unlock them. But you still acquire the trait points as you level starting at level 30. So sorry if your hero is new.

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

Go to Malchor’s Leap and defend the temple of Lyssa.

(be aware of irony)

Posted by: PKobra.1230

PKobra.1230

but there are so many traits, and a get only 14 points???

Just trying to do my best.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Do you mean skill points? You get those at skill challenges and for leveling up.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skill_Points

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

Yes. Even in the old system we only got 14 traits, so you must choose what works best with your play style, weapons and utility skills. At least with this new system after the patch is does not cost money or inconvenience to change those traits. Refunding traits and reassigning them does not cost anything and can be done anywhere when not in combat. By limiting the total traits used every mesmer, say, is not configure or built the same. It’s interesting to try different builds to see which you like best for different situations.

Posted by: RandomCC.1782

RandomCC.1782

It depends on when your hero was created.

If it existed before that latest patch Apr 15 then all traits are unlocked and you just need to level your character up to assign trait points to the traits starting at level 30.

If your hero was created after the April 15 patch then all traits are locked and certain tasks must be performed to unlock them. But you still acquire the trait points as you level starting at level 30. So sorry if your hero is new.

You can buy traits. Trait points are relatively low because you are supposed to “build” your character, so figure out what you want to focus on and assign skill and trait points accordingly to the skills and traits you think best complement your playstyle (or help you with any shortcomings you think you have).

Main character: Reichle Sylvari Ranger 39
Server: Crystal Desert
Representing guild: Diamond Legacy

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

You can freely switch between traits when out of combat, so you can experiment with all of them.
However, you can only actually select up to 14 traits to be active at the same time (of which only up to 7 can be major traits).

If indeed you actually meant skills, you can gain skill points indefinitely (1 skill point for each level past 5, and at regular XP interval after you reach level 80), as well as find many skill challenges on the explorable maps. With enough time, you can unlock all healing, utility and elite skills (although you can only equip 1 healing skill, 3 utility skills and 1 elite skill on your skill bar at any one time.)