How do players make decent money in Cursed Shore?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

This is a serious question, I hear all the time about people making 20-30G a day in cursed shore, but I do not seem to have their luck. I have full magic find armor/jewels/weapons and food. I chain events (got enough karma to almost buy 2 of the expensive karma sets down there) do the big chest events when people alert the map, but I never get rares/exotics from chests, I’ve got a drop rate of about 1 drop every 6 kills, and when my 96 slot inv is full I usually only have a couple of rares which I salvage for ecto. I vendor sell the blues and greens and salvage the whites for materials (I used to vendor sell whites but people say its better to salvage them). As a result I usually make about 10G in about 3 days (more than 30 hours of game play).

So how do those people who claim 20G-30G a day “farming” do it?

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

10G per 30hrs thats 33 silver per hour or about 50C per minute. I find it hard to believe you are getting that bad a return if you are hard core grind farming. Just killing trash mob you can get more than 50C+ in lousy drops per minute.

I think if you spend a fair amount of down time that affects things. Also, I would double check the value of salvaging. The mats have dropped in price so you may make more by vendoring the whites.

But 20-30G per day I think that may be with dungeons as well as trading on TP.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I have the “unlucky” experince of alot of mobs not dropping anything for me, people I’ve spoken to seem to think that I keep getting flagged by anti farming code (if it exisist) cause they have better drop rates than I do.

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

I find that my Ranger gets DR a lot, probably because of all the ranger bots. One tip is to move around to different zones as soon as you see your drop rates go down. The more you stay in one place the sooner you get flagged.

I followed a pro farmer around for a bit once and it was amazing, he went on a route that hit all the ores, killed mobs really fast (optimized build I guess) and was constantly moving. Not something I could replicate without some planning, but I guess thats how they do it.

(edited by NinjaKnight.1340)

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

sell the rares on tp, don’t salvage them.