How do sigils work?

How do sigils work?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kishlin.6271

Kishlin.6271

Q:

Hi there,

I’m wondering about how do sigil work? I’m not sure whenever they proc or not.

On my warrior, i play with both greatsword or axe/sword.
My greatsword has two sigils, one of fire causing a fireblast when i crit, the other of blood lust.
My axe has a fire sigil, just like the greatsword.
My sword has the air sigil, causing a lightning strike when i crit.

Since the sword is off-hand, will the lightning strike only proc on crits with the 4? Or also if i crit with my axe? Nonetheless, will bloodlust still be active with my axe/sword set? Or only with the greatsword?

Moreover, i own an undead slaying sigil, increasing damages against undeads, which i’d like to use to help me in Arah, but i have no clue where to put it.
If i put this sigil on my one handed sword, which damages will be increased? Only the damages i do with my sword? All damages whenever i’m using axe/sword? And all damages even with the greatsword?

I’m looking forward for your responses.

How do sigils work?

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

A:

On-crit sigils will only work when you are using the weapon it is slotted in. Although in your example, your axe attacks will proc the air sigil on your sword as you’re still using the sword.

Bloodlust will still be active even if you use axe/sword, as long as your GS is on your other weapon set.

As for the undead sigil, if you put it in your GS it will improve GS damage only, and if you put it in your axe OR you sword, it will improve both your axe & sword. Ideally, get another Greatsword with Undead sigil in it, and another axe or sword with one in.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

How do sigils work?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The on crit will also apply to attacks not made using a weapon such as utilities and certain traits.

How do sigils work?

Kishlin.6271

My GS is volcanus, and i don’t really feel like crafting a second one. x) Guess I’ll just swap the bloodlust on my sword and put the undead sigil on my GS replacing bloodlust.

Anyway, thanks for the answers guys, this has been puzzling my mind for weeks.

How do sigils work?

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

My GS is volcanus, and i don’t really feel like crafting a second one. x) Guess I’ll just swap the bloodlust on my sword and put the undead sigil on my GS replacing bloodlust.

Anyway, thanks for the answers guys, this has been puzzling my mind for weeks.

With the wardrobe system you can put Volcanus skin on a standard greatsword.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

How do sigils work?

Kishlin.6271

Indeed, I just figured it out. x)