How do the WvW ticket system work???

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: HermiBoi.4791

HermiBoi.4791

I just read the thread about the WvW ticket rewards. As far as I understand you have to do all the meta achievements to get your reward?? This seems very odd so I wonder if this is true or not.. Please answer if you know anything

Posted by: Franklin Fhenrir.4962

Franklin Fhenrir.4962

in wvw season1 when you completed the meta, you received a key to open a wvw chest. this wvw chest will only pop up when the seasons over and not sooner. and when you open that chest you got, depending on the rank, some weapons and mini’s and needles. they might do the same but with tickets for season 2. also the amount of tickets you get depends on your servers rank

You either die a underpowered class or you live long enough to be the overpowered one.

HermiBoi.4791

in wvw season1 when you completed the meta, you received a key to open a wvw chest. this wvw chest will only pop up when the seasons over and not sooner. and when you open that chest you got, depending on the rank, some weapons and mini’s and needles. they might do the same but with tickets for season 2. also the amount of tickets you get depends on your servers rank

So this means I have to do all meta achievements?

Posted by: Lucavex.4518

Lucavex.4518

I don’t think it’s ALL of the meta achievements. I think it’s just those 10 that are required to complete the WvW Spring Tournament 2014 Veteran Achievement.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yep, you need to finish the meta, which means completing 10 achievements.
Which makes sense. It is a reward for WvWing after all, and therefore you should be required to WvW in order to get it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I thought that more achievements = more tickets. Either way, kinda sucks for the ones that are in bad WvW servers

lordkrall.7241

I thought that more achievements = more tickets. Either way, kinda sucks for the ones that are in bad WvW servers

Why?
You can get enough of the achievements done in Edge of the Mists, which are not server-specific.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Pokecenter.3548

Why?
You can get enough of the achievements done in Edge of the Mists, which are not server-specific.

The achievements aren’t the issue, but your reward also depends on how well your server does, so if you are in a bad server it won’t be as good as if you were on a good one, am i right?

lordkrall.7241

Of course.

But if not, what would be the point of fighting at all? Winning but still getting the same rewards as the losing teams wouldn’t really make people interested in playing now, would it?

That is how real-life work. If your team is good, you get better rewards.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

you get minimum 200 tickets, whether that’s enough or not for a mistforged hero weapon (the highest ticket cost item) depends on how the weapons system is implemented.

As of now we know that you can buy down a mistforged weapon for 300 tickets, you can buy a “hero’s weapon” for 100 tickets and a “gift of heroes” for 200 tickets AND/OR 250 badges.

If it was the case that a gift of heroes costs 200 tickets OR 250 badges, you would be able to get literally 5 mistforged weapons if your server scored first (that if we consider that you only need 1 gift of heroes to craft a mistforged weapon out of a hero’s weapon)

The most probable case, though, would be that a gift of heroes costs 250 badges AND 200 tickets, meaning that if you wanted to craft a mistforged weapon it would be 300 tickets anyways (200 for the gift, 100 for the hero’s weapon)

I still don’t see the point of splitting it into a hero’s weapon+gift when you can buy it directly for 300 tickets…

If you check the wiki, all of the rewards are account bound, so no trading here, you can get maximum 1 weapon per account so people will need to choose carefully.

The last thing I can think of is hero’s weapons being craftable/droppable outside of the WvW tourney, or the ability to create more gifts of heroes after the tounrament ends…

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

lordkrall.7241

I still don’t see the point of splitting it into a hero’s weapon+gift when you can buy it directly for 300 tickets…

Because the same prizes will be available from the next Tournament, and thus if you don’t have enough for it after this one, you can still buy part of it and then complete it after the next Tournament.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

HermiBoi.4791

Because the same prizes will be available from the next Tournament, and thus if you don’t have enough for it after this one, you can still buy part of it and then complete it after the next Tournament.

That is extremely smart of Anet!!

Pokecenter.3548

Of course.

But if not, what would be the point of fighting at all? Winning but still getting the same rewards as the losing teams wouldn’t really make people interested in playing now, would it?

That is how real-life work. If your team is good, you get better rewards.

I know, but it still sucks :p
Don’t get me wrong, if i saw everyone on my server attempting to do their best, splitting tears,sweat and blood on the battle floor for the mere slim possibility of winning and in the end we just happened to still get crushed, i would be happy enough. But we literally have no chance, not enough people show up (despite the assumed high/very high population) and we aren’t nearly organized enough. Out of the 4servers we crossed swords against we were always considerably inferior, can’t even imagine how much more unbalanced it would be if we weren’t in the Bronze League. You can’t help but feel depressed when you think about it.

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

The meta achievement is really pretty easy to get done in EotM. Between some WvW on my server and a lot of EotM I was able to get mine done in the first week. Nine weeks is definitely plenty of time to get it done in.

I do feel bad for the servers that don’t end up with enough tickets to get a mistforged weapon in one tournament, it doesn’t really seem fair to punish people for being on a low pop server. That being said, I guess that is why Anet gave the option to move with the free server transfers before the tournament started. People who didn’t take advantage of that (while I’m sure they had their reasons) only have themselves to blame.

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

BTW, any information on where would the merchant to redeem the tickets will be placed?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

my guess: any wvw map, probably right next to the wvw laurel merchant.

zwierz.9012

I thought the same, but there is no official statement about it anywhere I can find.

Pokecenter.3548

The meta achievement is really pretty easy to get done in EotM. Between some WvW on my server and a lot of EotM I was able to get mine done in the first week. Nine weeks is definitely plenty of time to get it done in.

I do feel bad for the servers that don’t end up with enough tickets to get a mistforged weapon in one tournament, it doesn’t really seem fair to punish people for being on a low pop server. That being said, I guess that is why Anet gave the option to move with the free server transfers before the tournament started. People who didn’t take advantage of that (while I’m sure they had their reasons) only have themselves to blame.

Was that for me? How mean~
lol, I agree with you. Personally, i don’t like to change guilds, servers and all that, but i only didn’t change server because a) I couldn’t transfer to the one i wanted, which mainly would be for PvE purposes, else i would have done it, probably b) I never had done WvW at the time, so i knew my server was bad but i just didn’t know why exactly that was or what that meant. Well honestly if i could go back im still not sure if i would transfer, but i would enjoy to be a in server that isn’t the worse of the 3, but still can’t be the best one unless working very hard and with a good strategy.

Also i support what you said about the meta-achievement. I realised during my first week (or rather couple of days) how easy it would be to get the 10 achievements. Only 2 or 3 (of all of them) seemed a bit harder to me at the time, but that was because i barely did EotM. So any newbie should be able to easily get the 25points achieve.

I thought the same, but there is no official statement about it anywhere I can find.

Won’t we be able to redeem the tickets only when the events ends? and still a few weeks till then i suppose? So probably it will only be added later i would guess. I did notice some npc that gives information related with the even, on WvW maps, but he doesn’t have a option to redeem items or anything like that.

zwierz.9012

yeah I know they’ll be redeemable at the end, I just wanna know in advance so I don’t miss it!