How do you 100% Diessa Plateau

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: IronPlushy.4256

IronPlushy.4256

How do you 100% Diessa Plateau. With the catapult event bugged the entire time I’m wondering how any 100% this area.
I’ve become seriously disillusioned with this game after spending days working in diessa plateau to get a giant middle finger from Anet saying I’ll probably never get to 100% in the area let alone the world.
This is the kind of message they’re sending to new players, that they’re going to waste a lot of time trying to get this award and they never will so they just wasted all that effort.
I don’t even want to play anymore, what’s going to be the next bug that they refuse to do anything about that prevents players from getting one of the huge game awards. I don’t want to try to 100% another area to get to the last 1% and find because of Anets incompetency I can never complete yet another area.
This is pathetic, I’ve never seen a free to play mmo run this poorly, I can’t believe an alleged triple A mmo could let this happen, especially since there was just a massive patch a few days ago. Get your kitten together, this is pathetic. I was going to buy this game for my boyfriend but if this is how you manage basic bug problems then I’m not going to. Why would I subject him to this bullkitten. Don’t try to 100% the world because it is virtually impossible.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Try going there right after a patch. Generally that is the best time to find an event unstuck.

I’ve done the cowtapult many a time, it is not a permanent block to the gold star. WvW was much trickier, in fact, requiring both patience and leaping in during major PvE events that sucked out most of the WvWers (like the Karka invasion).

It is unfortunate that you have been blocked for a bit in this one spot. However, that does not translate to you will -always- be blocked and getting the gold star flat out can’t be done. Work on other areas and check Diessa now and then to see if the event’s working, or ask people on other servers if it’s working there and guest over to do it.

IronPlushy.4256

someone on a european server said its not stuck there but you can’t guest on a different areas server……

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

every time when there’s a patch it unbugs for about 1 day. That’s how I got it multiple times

IronPlushy.4256

how often do they patch though? Like every 2 weeks?

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

Most bugs in this game are fixed very quickly compared to a lot of other mmo’s where even the existence of a dev team is questionable. Considering this game is free to play they are doing an incredible job of keeping the game up to date and fixing bugs, and while it might not be that fast and a couple of bugs will always be there, they are on top of it all.

Games are very complex when it comes down to coding, and bugs in any sort of coding/animations etc can be very hard to even work out why they are happening, and fixing the issue they find can be even harder. I’ve seen real industry pro’s completely fail to see why technology allows something to happen that shouldn’t, and the only way to fix it would be to delete it and start again.

I don’t think that will be the case here but my point is – any fix takes a lot of time and after studying 3d animation and games design, this game has had a lot of time and care given to it. A lot more than most p2p mmo’s out there, in fact, and expecting more from it is pretty greedy imo, especially when you can wait for the next patch or guest on another server to get that 1% that’s obviously stopping you from enjoying everything else available to you in this game.

Mirta.5029

Considering this game is free to play

it’s buy to play, not free to play

IronPlushy.4256

You just have no idea what you’re talking about, it’s bugged on all reported american servers, if it was so kittening easy to simply guest on another server and spend 1 minute to get 100% completion you don’t think I would have done it?
And secondly, this has been bugged for months, this isn’t a new thing. This game isn’t free, it’s just lazy and or incompetent

Jaall.3420

Sorry what I meant was free to play once you’ve bought it, tiny mistake that’s just incredibly petty to pick up on. On the other notes, it can take years to even be aware of what causes a bug depending on the complexity of it and how many people are working on that particular aspect of the game. Obviously there are a lot of people working on it but even so they are only human. If you had the opportunity to work for them for an hour you would understand.

But anyway if it bugs you that much (pun not intended) then just go play another game, but be advised, every game is exactly the same, if not worse.

IronPlushy.4256

I dropped $60 hoping that some care and effort would be placed into the game. A game can be gorgeous with intuitive gameplay but if there are game breaking bugs it will alinate players.
Why not have a mindnumbingly simple fix like placing the vista at the bottom of the tower until the bug is fixed? How about an intuitive solution?

Jaall.3420

Honestly? Think about what you’re saying… This game is HUGE, and that is no exaggeration. You easily get $200+ worth of content for your $60 and you complain about 1 tiny bug that is fixed by you waiting what, 2-4 weeks? In the mean time why don’t you just go explore the other 99.9% of this game and 100% other areas? If you’ve done that then there are plenty of other things to do in that time, and if there aren’t for you and you’ve fully completed everything (near impossible at this stage in the games lifecycle) then I can only advise taking a break.

Mirta.5029

Sorry what I meant was free to play once you’ve bought it, tiny mistake that’s just incredibly petty to pick up on. On the other notes, it can take years to even be aware of what causes a bug depending on the complexity of it and how many people are working on that particular aspect of the game. Obviously there are a lot of people working on it but even so they are only human. If you had the opportunity to work for them for an hour you would understand.

But anyway if it bugs you that much (pun not intended) then just go play another game, but be advised, every game is exactly the same, if not worse.

1. I corrected the mistake, because free to play games normally have a completely different model and are most likely pay to win. Guild Wars 2 isn’t. While there still some good F2P models, it’s best not to write Buy to play games into it.
2. Don’t start being aggressive. The fact that a person can’t finish a map because of a bug is not a reason to tell them to leave. The bug is annoying. The person has the right to be annoyed. I remember my personal story being bugged. I was annoyed too.

IronPlushy.4256

Think about what YOU are saying.
A brand new player spends $60 on an MMO, the first MMO they’ve ever paid for.
The game is gorgeous, the gameplay is intuitive. In their second area of exploration they spend days and countless deaths exploring and gathering every skill point, vista, POI, heartquest and then after days of exploring and fighting across the area there is a bug that was there when they started making it impossible to complete the area. They go to the forums, the bug has been there for months. A simple solution would be to move the vista until the bug is fixed but that is just too kitten simple.
I just want a game that functions I dont want to wait 2 weeks for a simple fix.

Jaall.3420

1. I corrected the mistake, because free to play games normally have a completely different model and are most likely pay to win. Guild Wars 2 isn’t. While there still some good F2P models, it’s best not to write Buy to play games into it.
2. Don’t start being aggressive. The fact that a person can’t finish a map because of a bug is not a reason to tell them to leave. The bug is annoying. The person has the right to be annoyed. I remember my personal story being bugged. I was annoyed too.

Sorry Mirta I wasn’t referring to you when I said that, you didn’t mean it in that way and I know the models are different, but it was used by Ironplushy in a way that seemed aggressive so I explained myself. Also yes it’s annoying, and I’m not saying quit I’m saying play the rest of the game. There are a lot of things that are annoying in life but some things are just not possible to be fixed right away.

It’s incredibly easy to sit at home in front of your computer and encounter a bug and want it fixed immediately and not understand why it hasn’t been, but the procedure behind a bug can be incredibly complex, which leads to my point. ANet are no doubt working hard to fix this bug but things take time, and the only way you can really be satisfied if this is affecting you so much, is to take a break, because it will take time to fix.

Jaall.3420

Think about what YOU are saying.
A brand new player spends $60 on an MMO, the first MMO they’ve ever paid for.
The game is gorgeous, the gameplay is intuitive. In their second area of exploration they spend days and countless deaths exploring and gathering every skill point, vista, POI, heartquest and then after days of exploring and fighting across the area there is a bug that was there when they started making it impossible to complete the area. They go to the forums, the bug has been there for months. A simple solution would be to move the vista until the bug is fixed but that is just too kitten simple.
I just want a game that functions I dont want to wait 2 weeks for a simple fix.

You’re being incredibly aggressive towards a bug that happens in any mmo. It may be your first mmo, but trust me, this game is incredibly cheap compared to the rest and especially for the amount of content you get. There are a lot of other things to do in this game and seeing as it’s your second area you’ve visited, I would really suggest just getting 100% in other areas for now. The rewards for getting 100% aren’t game breaking until you get it in every area. Most areas you get the majority of exp from each respective part of the 100%, be it POI, vistas etc.

IronPlushy.4256

it’s not the bug that is the problem, it’s the consequences, just move the kittening vista, how hard can that possibly be

Jaall.3420

Actually in most games it would require taking down the server or the area for a certain amount of time, although I’m unaware of how this game is run in that respect. That probably isn’t worth the cost of taking them down. It kinda comes back to my point, “how hard can that possibly be?”. It can actually be very hard, because as I said, coding can be very complex.

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

How do you 100% Diessa Plateau. With the catapult event bugged the entire time I’m wondering how any 100% this area.

Lolwut… It’s still bugged after like almost 9 months?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Lolwut… It’s still bugged after like almost 9 months?

It may be bugged now but it hasn’t been continuously bugged. I’ve done it several times on several toons. I think I’ve encountered it bugged a couple of times but it works the next time I go there. (Henge of Denavi server, don’t know if it’s currently bugged there or not)

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

IronPlushy.4256

was just at henge of denavi server its bugged there too

Astral Projections.7320

There are another new thread on this subject in Players Helping Players forum, started yesterday. It may have broken within the last few days. This is not something that is consistently broken though it does have a history of breaking periodically. It’s usually fixed fairly fast. I assume you have already sent in a bug report, so with you and everyone else reporting they know about it and should be fixed soon.

IronPlushy.4256

Lot of people have said this has been an issues for months, not a new thing

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

1. Wait until “A New Build Is Available.”
2. Immediately relaunch your client and log in.
3. Click on the Cattlepult and get the achievement.
4. (Optional) Start the event so that the Cattlepult will bug out again and others can’t get the Vista.

IronPlushy.4256

yeah but now I have to hover around the game and hope to get in before someone tries to start the event

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

I don’t understand, supposedly this was fixed months ago…I went and got the vista in mid February with no problem.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2013-01-28

Fixed a bug that prevented players from using the cattlepult if a cow wandered too far away, blocking the betting minigame.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

IronPlushy.4256

thats not the bug though, the bug is that the event will not proceed, it gets stuck mid progress, and it wont end, the event npc doesnt die

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Honestly? Think about what you’re saying… This game is HUGE, and that is no exaggeration. You easily get $200+ worth of content for your $60 and you complain about 1 tiny bug that is fixed by you waiting what, 2-4 weeks? In the mean time why don’t you just go explore the other 99.9% of this game and 100% other areas? If you’ve done that then there are plenty of other things to do in that time, and if there aren’t for you and you’ve fully completed everything (near impossible at this stage in the games lifecycle) then I can only advise taking a break.

Saying people should not be entitled because they purchased the game “cheaply” (which is subjective in itself) is hypocritical because you feel as if you are entitled to tell them that.

Also, telling someone to not complain or voice there opinion is actually counter intuitive and degrading. If Anet is never made aware of the problem or made aware of an unhappy consumer base, nothing will ever be changed. You would rather have someone sit back and do nothing than have them come to forums and at least attempt to be productive about fixing their problem.

Finally, you act as if you know all of the internal workings of Anet and how they go about programming their game and how they handle bugs, but you obviously do not know these things so I would stop pretending you do, good sir.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

It may have gotten bugged again, but hubby and I got it barely a week ago just fine on Isle of Janthir.

If you have something bugged make sure you name the server it is bugged on. It may be bugged on one but not others and you may be able to guest and get it there.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I dropped $60 hoping that some care and effort would be placed into the game. A game can be gorgeous with intuitive gameplay but if there are game breaking bugs it will alinate players.
Why not have a mindnumbingly simple fix like placing the vista at the bottom of the tower until the bug is fixed? How about an intuitive solution?

I guess you never played Skyrim.

IronPlushy.4256

There are no quests in skyrim that take multiple days to complete and have a bug that prevents completion, I’ve played skyim extensively

Mirta.5029

There are no quests in skyrim that take multiple days to complete and have a bug that prevents completion, I’ve played skyim extensively

no, but NPCs you need to talk to can get stuck under the floor and stuff making you unable to even start a quest.

Vayne.8563

There are no quests in Guild Wars 2 that take days to complete either. You can’t finish a single zone completion…that’s not a single quest. That’s more like an entire story arc in Skyrim and some of that at times were bugged and not completable.

Judging from the number of people running around with stars for world completion over their character’s heads, I’d say the world is definitely completable.

You dont’ have to complete that zone this second. Play the game and come back to it, after the next reset…or periodically.

When I get back in game I’ll try it on my server and see if it works at let you know.

Elbegast.6970

no, but NPCs you need to talk to can get stuck under the floor and stuff making you unable to even start a quest.

But in Skyrim, you can use console commands to reset those NPCs. You can’t do that here. Here, you have to wait for Mitch, in the tech department, to finish his refresher class on coding and debugging.

Mirta.5029

But in Skyrim, you can use console commands to reset those NPCs. You can’t do that here. Here, you have to wait for Mitch, in the tech department, to finish his refresher class on coding and debugging.

well if you could use console commands in an MMO what do you think it would turn into?

Elbegast.6970

well if you could use console commands in an MMO what do you think it would turn into?

I never said that. If anything, I implied that Mitch needs to get off his kitten and fix the bugs in this game before I start making websites to tell people to stay away from GW2 as it is unplayable.

Mirta.5029

I never said that. If anything, I implied that Mitch needs to get off his kitten and fix the bugs in this game before I start making websites to tell people to stay away from GW2 as it is unplayable.

how about they’re doing so, but there are plenty of bugs they can fix and it does take time?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Cheatcodes the MMO: Taking Open World PvP to a Whole New Level!

Astral Projections.7320

You are talking about one bugged thing in a game full of thousands of events, hearts, skill points…. and this ONE thing makes the game unplayable?

Your threats to start making websites telling people the game is unplayable because of one TEMPORARILY bugged thing does not make you sound adult or rational.

Elbegast.6970

You are talking about one bugged thing in a game full of thousands of events, hearts, skill points…. and this ONE thing makes the game unplayable?

Your threats to start making websites telling people the game is unplayable because of one TEMPORARILY bugged thing does not make you sound adult or rational.

It’s been bugged for months and it’s not the only one. Much of the (temporary!) Flame & Frost content is bugged. It’s so bad that people are forced to guest onto other servers in hopes of completing the achievements.

Anet isn’t taking these game breaking bugs seriously. If they are having problems rooting out the causes, they need to hire more people; skilled people who actually know what they are doing.

Posted by: nightly.2761

nightly.2761

make the tower into a little jumping puzzle and give the people 2 ways to enter it… or jump to the top or get shot to the top:)

i also need this vista… well lets wait for patch i guess

Vayne.8563

There were tons of bugs in Skyrim that literally prevented progression. You can look them up if you really want to. Something you couldn’t reset.

Jaall.3420

Saying people should not be entitled because they purchased the game “cheaply” (which is subjective in itself) is hypocritical because you feel as if you are entitled to tell them that.

Also, telling someone to not complain or voice there opinion is actually counter intuitive and degrading. If Anet is never made aware of the problem or made aware of an unhappy consumer base, nothing will ever be changed. You would rather have someone sit back and do nothing than have them come to forums and at least attempt to be productive about fixing their problem.

Finally, you act as if you know all of the internal workings of Anet and how they go about programming their game and how they handle bugs, but you obviously do not know these things so I would stop pretending you do, good sir.

I don’t know why I should have to defend myself but here goes anyway – ANet are aware of these bugs if you submit bug reports. Voicing an opinion on a forum that has no relation to bugs unless it’s on the specific bug section just comes across as mindless complaining and crying. This is the discussion part of the forum therefore here is your discussion.

I do not know the internal workings of ANet BUT I do know the basic workings of any game, and there is no way to get around the complexity of coding. It’s not like Microsoft Excel or anything like that where it’s so simple errors can be found and fixed in 30 seconds. Usually unless they have an idea where the coding is wrong, it’s trial and error which takes time to carry out. And then they have to fix the problem, and implement it on a server.

So, anyone with common sense would realise this isn’t going to be fixed overnight, and as mentioned it does work most of the time, but you will have days where it is bugged. The simple answer is to just report the bug using their official bug report, maybe if you feel it necessary put it in the official bug section of the forum for others to back you up, and then wait it out. I’m sure you wont have a problem checking it every day.

(edited by Jaall.3420)

Posted by: tinymurder.5791

tinymurder.5791

The bugging of the cattlepult is fairly recent. Probably has to do with one of the recent living story patches.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You simply go off and do other things until it gets fixed. Before the last patch a skill point challenge was bugged in Wayfarer Foothills. Stuff breaks, it gets fixed, return to do that task/vista when it is.

Honestly the lack of patience players have astounds me at times.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I have parked my mesmer at this Vista and can portal people up that require this.

However, I play primarily during Oceanic hours (GMT+10) around 8pm-midnight week nights which may make it hard for some, if not most of you.

I play more during the weekend so should be able to help some of you NA/EU folk port up.

Feel free to /w me if you see me online, I will help you if I am not busy in WvW (I usually lead so I can’t just bail on the zerg).

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN