How do you change equipment stats now?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

Before the feature patch, when you want to keep your equipment’s looks (skin) and upgrades (be it sigils or runes) but change their stats prefix, you only need one transmute to do it.

Now, with the new wardrobe system, it seems that every time you just want to change equipment stats, you have to use one transmute charge to change appearance, and salvage your old ones to get the upgrades back and then apply it to your new stuff.
Am I wrong or are we doomed to use BLSKs just to change equipment prefixes now?

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

I think you’re correct. Though salvaging still gives dark matter, ectos, t5/6 mats and sometimes an inscription, so it’s not a total loss over the old method.

Posted by: Biggusbiggus.5789

Biggusbiggus.5789

So… You can’t keep sigils when upgrading a weapon. Brand new ascended sword, and I can’t keep the 8g sigil attached to the old one. Can’t even salvage the old one, cause it’s already transmuted.
An upgrade extractor currently works out at about 20g. Seriously?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It does appear to be an oversight in the current system that Anet needs to address (IMO). In your above example, it’s obviously cheaper to buy another Sigil.

Can you really not salvage an Ascended item (only have a few weapons and have never EVER considered getting anywhere near them with a salvage kit).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

can confirm you can not salvage anything ascended. if you try, nothing happens (it doesn’t even tell you you can’t)

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

biggest hit is to armour bought with BoH and then runed with Melandru.

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

I was going to ask this question too, so I’ll just comment here.

I’m leveling a new character, and when I get a drop that is better than my current item, I have no way with the new equipment system to keep my old item’s runes or sigils. With the previous transmutation stone, I can pick either look, the new item’s stats, and the old item’s rune or sigil. Now I cannot do that. And I’m not spending a BL Salvage Kit on a <70 level item. So what are we supposed to do to keep our existing sigils and runes?

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

I was going to ask this question too, so I’ll just comment here.

I’m leveling a new character, and when I get a drop that is better than my current item, I have no way with the new equipment system to keep my old item’s runes or sigils. With the previous transmutation stone, I can pick either look, the new item’s stats, and the old item’s rune or sigil. Now I cannot do that. And I’m not spending a BL Salvage Kit on a <70 level item. So what are we supposed to do to keep our existing sigils and runes?

tbh here i think with low lvl chars it doesnt even matter what sigil and runes you use , i never cared about that while leveling because i got almost every day new armors , even if i would use trans stones , i gues i would rune out of them before i would reach lvl 50 lol, because you change so much your armor and weapons while lvling..

but what i realy think is a problem are the equipment bought with badges of honor , you cant get the runes out of it anymore , and that is realy bullkitten, anet pls do something about that..

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

The ones for lower level character are cheap enough that if you are only changing armour every 10 levels, which is often enough, it is not a big deal to buy new ones. You can always salvage with a master kit and have a decent chance of recovering, if you prefer to do that.