How do you get rich?

How do you get rich?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Axesome.1025

Axesome.1025

Hi,

I think it’s nearly impossible to get rich in GW2. I do a lot of events, guild missions, yet i am so poor. Can you make some solid cash without farming 24/7?

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Hi,

I think it’s nearly impossible to get rich in GW2. I do a lot of events, guild missions, yet i am so poor. Can you make some solid cash without farming 24/7?

Yup. If you are as casual as you claim to be, you can just do daily bosses, maybe some cof and other additional stuff. You can easily get 10g/day.
If you can’t even do that then you don’t deserve all that fancy stuff you want. There are no magical ways to get rich in a blink of an eye. (unless you get incredibly lucky)

How do you get rich?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

1: dungeons. loot in dungeon’s is bout 1g per path. a good team can do 1 path in 30-45 minutes.

2: Farming orr event’s specially the pertinent waypoint event chain and an occasional melandru and grenth event is a good way to get lots of loot and rewards.

3: save money on waypoint travel. Short waypoint travels should be avoided always. Long distance waypoints can have some easy tricks. e.g.

- From anywhere to lion’s arch (or any of the main towns or nearby area’s). Got to the heart of the mists and portal to lion’s arch.
- traveling to Orr: it’s cheap from the Grove.
- Use the main city’s. if you want to go from lion’s arch to frostgorge sound you get 25% off by portalling to Houlbrak first.

Last of all set your goals and stick to it.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Axesome.1025

Axesome.1025

Hi,

Yup. If you are as casual as you claim to be, you can just do daily bosses, maybe some cof and other additional stuff. You can easily get 10g/day.
If you can’t even do that then you don’t deserve all that fancy stuff you want. There are no magical ways to get rich in a blink of an eye. (unless you get incredibly lucky)

I still don’t understand how can casual player get 10g/day.

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Hi,

10 did I read that right, 10 gold a DAY for a casual player, if only that were true I would be mega rich by now.

1 gold a day is much more realistic.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Hi,

10 did I read that right, 10 gold a DAY for a casual player, if only that were true I would be mega rich by now.

Casual does not mean efficient. I casually farm, i could sum up my actual farming in maybe 3 events to 4 per hour. In that hour it is possible to make 4+ g. And that is without dungeons, so if you perhaps did 2-3 very quick CoF, then 2-3 Orr events, 10 actually seems a bit low.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Turkashi.4502

Turkashi.4502

question is, to define casual.
“if” you play daily COF p1-2 = 2g
that’s around 1h

standing there for dragon, isn’t that casual, so…
I’d say 2g/d for casual is surly possible.

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Hi,

10 gold/day isn’t that bad, and you don’t even have to play the market.

MF gear farming in Orr, you could get 5+ gold/hr selling everything you get. Some people get 10gold/hr doing speed runs of CoF.

“casual” doesn’t mean sitting in LA running around in quaggan tonics yelling “Catch me if you can!”…. which, I do occasionally

RIP in peace Robert

How do you get rich?

Solid Gold.9310

Hi,

MF gear farming in Orr, you could get 5+ gold/hr selling everything you get. Some people get 10gold/hr doing speed runs of CoF.

“casual” doesn’t mean sitting in LA running around in quaggan tonics yelling “Catch me if you can!”…. which, I do occasionally

Well I must be doing something seriousely wrong then, I spend most of my time in orr, maybe 4-5 hours a night, and I don’t see anything like 10g a day

How do you get rich?

Geotherma.2395

Hi,

Well I must be doing something seriousely wrong then, I spend most of my time in orr, maybe 4-5 hours a night, and I don’t see anything like 10g a day

Feel free to guest, we will help you.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Hi,

PM me in game if you want help.

RIP in peace Robert

How do you get rich?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Hi,

Casual does not mean efficient. I casually farm, i could sum up my actual farming in maybe 3 events to 4 per hour. In that hour it is possible to make 4+ g. And that is without dungeons, so if you perhaps did 2-3 very quick CoF, then 2-3 Orr events, 10 actually seems a bit low.

Did you forget to mention that to get that kind of return from events, you need to pay the Magic Find tax?

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

On another thread it appears that Photoshop is the preferred method. :p

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

How do you get rich?

Geotherma.2395

Hi,

Did you forget to mention that to get that kind of return from events, you need to pay the Magic Find tax?

I use 30%, which is 1 food. Is that too much for you? Even without MF, I can get at least 1g/hr. Again, guesting is open.

How do you get rich?

Geotherma.2395

On another thread it appears that Photoshop is the preferred method. :p

I lol’d irl :P

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I farm bugged events in Cursed shore XD
2 gold in 1.5 hour

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Hi,

All depends what you think is “rich”. I am broke at the moment (just bought my dusk) and I am a casual/hardcore. I can only play 10-14 hours a week and the occasional weekend when my wife goes off to visit her parents lol but farm pretty hardcore when i do play. I farm events in Orr and hit 2-3 world events (Dragons/Temples/World bosses:Fire Elemental/Maw) I have been playing since launch and just barley made enough to buy my precursor(hope that doesn’t come back to bite me in the kitten i.e. scavenger hunt lol)

On a bad day I make about 1g an hour. On a good day I make about 2-3g an hour. Keep in mind I am also saving most of my T6 mats and ectos for my Legendary weapon. I salvage everything that is metal and wood and vendor everything else.

If you don’t want a legendary weapon and sell everything you get I could see you making about 5-6 gold an hour. I wouldn’t put to much into those saying 10g an hour, but than again maybe I am doing it wrong.

How do you get rich?

Solid Gold.9310

Each to their own (Things do seem to get bigger, better and more) when posted on the forums.

And to be honest I don’t want to spend all my time grinding, it’s really boring and mind numbing (I believe ArenaNet said “It’s not a grind”), but it can be.

Ethics.4519
“PM me in game if you want help.”

Er, no ta.

How do you get rich?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I use 30%, which is 1 food. Is that too much for you? Even without MF, I can get at least 1g/hr. Again, guesting is open.

Don’t mind me, I just hate the Magic Find mechanic with a burning passion. So, you’re saying that 30% MF makes a difference of up to 3G per hour? Is the 4+ number an outlier or is 4 an average?

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

I farm bugged events in Cursed shore XD
2 gold in 1.5 hour

Only 2g? You can even get more by farming sparks for charged lodestones. O.o You sure you sold all the mats you found?

How do you get rich?

Geotherma.2395

Don’t mind me, I just hate the Magic Find mechanic with a burning passion. So, you’re saying that 30% MF makes a difference of up to 3G per hour? Is the 4+ number an outlier or is 4 an average?

My average with 30% is around 4g+/hr. Problem is I’ve been super lazy/busy at the same TIME! Lately lol.. But I don’t need money, so its not a big deal. For me the secret base number is 30 ^^

Some magically numbers that I won’t explain in any way whatsoever:
0 = 1-3~
30 = 2-4~
230 = 5-10~

Also, I rarely party with people because I am (according to them..) a good luck charm. And since I’ve yet to find a way to charge people for using me as a built in MF… I just solo. But anyone who is on my server is welcome to mail me if you would like to farm together, assuming I have time, and you can handle my epic afk’s when my son is throwing my wii u controller around like a frisbee.

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

Well as it isn’t smart to give out all the ways to get rich I give only some, which fits well with the “casual” aka random player with random playing time depending on each individual person(I don’t like word casual or normal because there isn’t real meaning on those words :P). If u got alot of alts/character you can farm CoF (as already said).

Learn how to do CoE. I find it faster/better cash than CoF. CoE gives charged cores almost each run and lodestone drops about ones in a five runs. Ofc it depents of luck but that’s my experience. Core costs over a gold and lode over 3g. Runing CoE takes about 15-30mins after you learn what to do and run with a group who knows also what to do.

Fractals. Fractals can drop any core, any lodestone and any exotic (even precursors after lvl20). It drops nice ammount of rares. Guildie of mine got 18 rares on single fractals map. Friend of mine got precursor from lvl20 fracs. It also teaches how to play PvE

ofc Cursed shore farming, which I find boring but some of “casual” players might like it.

World bosses. (there is one on each map, there is more than the timer on temple tells)

I kinda should stop here… 20g in a day is easy. Anybody with 4h/d playtime can achieve it. It just has to be all focused farming during that 4hours. If u want to chill too (not the condition ;( ) it might take 6hours.

Please don’t use Magic Find armors/weapons/trinkets in dungeons. Except Maybe fractals dredge first boss farm.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

How do you get rich?

Posted by: emeraldeye.4038

emeraldeye.4038

I’m a casual solo player and I make about 1-2g a day in about 3-4 hours. I probably could make more, but I basically run around the low level areas (filling out maps) which means I get less gold than I could in the higher level areas. I do every event I come across, harvest every resource node I come across. I also spent about 7g on magic find runes to increase the chances of better loot. With what I find, I sell everything I can on the trading post for whatever someone wants it for. If no one is already requesting it I’ll just vender it, including salvage gear and bags which actually sell for a surprising amount. Yesterday all I did were the dailies in Ascalon and that big event in the Swamp in the human starting area (yeah I’m not good remember the names of places) and I picked up 70s from the trading post and made up 1g total by vendering the rest.

Probably not the most efficient way to make gold but my guild is very small and relatively inactive and I often don’t have the time to dedicate to dungeons and fractals and I made up my 7g in about 4 days so anything from now onwards is profit.

How do you get rich?

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

If by casual you mean cant be bothered to do lowly tasks like dungeons or other grinding for gold activities but you still think you deserve all the riches of the world. I would suggest dipping into your trust fund and buying some gems. The gem to gold conversion ratio is huge right now, 1g is $0.55. You can get any legendary you want for around $1,265.00 (2300g) with no work at all. So go ahead and buy yourself into fame and glory. Someone has to knock down that gold to gem curve.

How do you get rich?

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Hi,

Whoa, that’s a nice tip. I have failed to explore cooking to its full potential.

How do you get rich?

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I made ~100 gold in a month or so by exploring and hitting meta events, apparently dungeons are even more profitable if you’re into that sort of thing. Orr karma trains can be good too, especially if you have a class that can sling AOEs around and tag lots of mobs. Moldy Bags FTW!

How do you get rich?

Geotherma.2395

Hi,

Whoa, that’s a nice tip. I have failed to explore cooking to its full potential.

30% MF 40% coin from the bars. Also if you gather the ingredients you can make like 200 which actually nets you 400. Use the 200 and sell the other 200 for profit ^^