How do you guys make 100g+

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Direwolf.7812

Direwolf.7812

So for the past few weeks i’ve been trying to make gold to work my way up for a legendary weapon…

I started with around 3g and only managed to make around 6-8g in 2-3weeks…

I’ve tried everything basically…

I’ve been playing with the TP, buying low and selling high but only made small amounts of profits…

I’ve been farming crafting mats to sell on the TP but also only made small profit for the amount of time spent farming…

I’ve tried the Mystic Forge, putting in 4 cheap rare/exotic lvl 80 weapons of the same type to hopefully get a better lvl80 weapon to sell… Not much luck either…

So how the heck do you guys even manage to make 100g+ ????

I seriously doubt it’s even possible unless you guys made use of the past exploits with cheap karma weapons or bought tons of cheap exotics when the game was still 1-3 weeks new…

How do you guys make money….. =(

Posted by: RShara.3265

RShara.3265

Well I can say I don’t use any exploits (accusatory much?) and I’ve got a total of at least 50g at this point, in gold/ectos/mats etc.

I don’t think I do anything special and I only play a few hours a day (though I played hard the first 2 weeks lol).

I play various events in Orr a lot, and the big event chains like Grenth and Lyssa and Dwayna. A little bit of MF. And going and doing map completion gives really nice rewards.

It’s also knowing which crafting mats are valuable at any given time, and knowing where to find them.

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

Most people I know either farm Orr, or gamble with the Mystic Forge in order to get ectos that they sell.

One of my guildmates just got the ‘golden’ title basically doing nothing but selling ectos.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

Posted by: Nyaochan.1756

Nyaochan.1756

Probably the most surefire way to amass that much money is to not bother with crafting (at least in the early levels), and just sell everything that you can get more that vendor price for on the TP (for some reason, low level Apprentice gears seem to be worth twice the vendor value on the TP…because of Jute?). Vendor everything you don’t intend on using, otherwise.

A lot of it is just luck, like finding a desired dye you can sell for a few gold, though.

Also, try and keep only a certain amount on you at all times (I usually keep 10 silver on me for waypoints and repairs), and put the rest in your bank so you don’t burn through it.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Do AC explorable

Champion Stalkers drop 5s each (theres 1 you can kill on every path, 2 on the Ghosteater path)
the last bosses drop ~15s
both of these drops can be enhanced with the Omnomberry Bar food bringing it up to 7s and 21s respectively, thats ontop of the 24s reward at the end, which means you’ve made half a gold from these 3 things alone per route, plus all the random loot you get.

other than that get some MF gear and farm Orr.

the important thing to remember here is, if your going after a legendary you wont be making any money because you have to stockpile your materials for the legendary, you have to understand that because of this making money is very difficult for you, otherwise it’s incredibly easy.

the issue is that theres no other ways of making money beyond selling the stuff you need for the legendary.

just remember that as long as your on the road to a legendary, you will essentially always be poor, once you either give up or get it, you’ll find the money just flowing into your pockets because you no longer need the materials.

most if not all of the legendaries that have been crafted so far have been a group/guild effort by pooling resources, getting it by yourself is a long road or an empty wallet.

Posted by: ounkeo.9138

ounkeo.9138

1. most people making a ton of gold from the TP were the early birds. It’s always advantageous to start working the trade house early in the game’s life. it’s where you get rich quickly; but that time has passed. By in large, you won’t be making much of anythin gby playing the TP.

I’ve bought low and sold high and for all that, you only really end up with a bunch of silver profit – and it can take a while. Also, to make it worth doing, you need to be investing more gold than you have to make any noticable returns. It’s not really the best way to earn money. you can use it to supplement your income however.

2. Farm Orr events. Find where the zerge is. They usually camped a few event locations. This is the BEST way to make money. You can make anywhere from 70s to 1G per hour if you don’t go afk a lot. In between events, just kill mobs or take a bio break.

3. Sell everything. Don’t keep it. Don’t use it. Just sell it. That includes any and all crafting material. Yellow drops, sell on TP for lowest list price It usually sells within a day or less. Sell all green and blue drops to the vendor.

4. Don’t be afraid to vendor crafting material if the TP can’t give you any profit on it. A lot of crafting mats are pretty worthless; just treat it as vendor trash.

5. Don’t use the Mystic Forge. It’s a massive gold sink. You may think putting 4 yellows in there is cheap but look at how much the yellows sell for. At current prices, yellows range from 15s-25s. 1 Mystic Forge trip is essentially throwing away ~1G.

Granted, I have gotten yellow combines and 2 exotics for it but the amount of money I put into it is far more than the actual profit. I have a lvl 80 exotic dagger selling for 3G on TP for the last week. It hasn’t moved.

only use the Forge on bound items you no longer want/need. Never for items you can sell on TP.

If you play for 10 hr/s per day following those rules, you should be able to realistically pull in 7G to 10G per da. That includes all yellow drops selling on TP and vendoring everything else.

It’s alright to take an 30 min to 1 hour break in between to reset the diminishing returns.

Finally, there are no quick ways to make money. It’s all farming.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The problem is Anet nerfed all the ways people previously made gold.

1.Low level rares to make pre-cursors… nerfed… then nerfed again just for good measure. People who got in before that nerf made 800+ gold off of them.

2. Exploits. All those karma exploits allowed people to make hundreds of gold and they unbanned everyone and those people almost all kept their gold.

3. Crafted to ectos. Before loot DR and ecto salvage changes you could craft a level 70 weapon for about 10s and salvage 50s worth of ectos. People made hundreds of gold from doing this just for an hour or so.

4. bots. Since Anet never bothers to ban bots they just farm 24/7 and amass huge amounts of mats and gold, while simultaneously making it harder for everyone else to make profits.

If you haven’t done one of these things chances are you won’t ever have 100’s of gold. The only way left is to get extremely lucky with a rare drop or farm for 1000’s of hours

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

The problem is Anet nerfed all the ways people previously made gold.

1.Low level rares to make pre-cursors… nerfed… then nerfed again just for good measure. People who got in before that nerf made 800+ gold off of them.

2. Exploits. All those karma exploits allowed people to make hundreds of gold and they unbanned everyone and those people almost all kept their gold.

3. Crafted to ectos. Before loot DR and ecto salvage changes you could craft a level 70 weapon for about 10s and salvage 50s worth of ectos. People made hundreds of gold from doing this just for an hour or so.

4. bots. Since Anet never bothers to ban bots they just farm 24/7 and amass huge amounts of mats and gold, while simultaneously making it harder for everyone else to make profits.

If you haven’t done one of these things chances are you won’t ever have 100’s of gold. The only way left is to get extremely lucky with a rare drop or farm for 1000’s of hours

pretty much this, now it’s just legit way making gold.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

My best example is in the TP.

you see match buyer price and you see

3000 wanted by 1 player

at 1 or 2 copper.. folks just click this, or by accident don’t switch to the bullet they really want. These guys get items that they salvage and then sell the mats for for 4 copper.

3000 × 2 = 6000 (they don’t spend this all at one time since it is a request and it take their cash as they get the item.)

they get 2 copper ingots for each one min.
that they sell for 4 copper

6000 × 4 = 24000 – their 6000 investment overtime

24000 – 6000 = 18000 copper. otherwise known 180 gold

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I just do daily tier 6 crafting material routes get around 1.5g per character and I do it with 2 characters so thats around 3g around 40mins

Posted by: Bravix.3497

Bravix.3497

@Krosslite, you need to redo your math. That is NOT 180 gold. If I’m looking at it right, its more like 1.8 gold.

100 copper = 1s
10,000 copper = 1g

1g[00s][00c]

Posted by: oulan.8956

oulan.8956

If truth be told 50% of those that claim to have that much don’t, 25% of those that do have that much got it by an exploit in the game. Which leaves 25% that might really have it.

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Cursed shore with MF nets you 1 g per hour. Be sure to log off 15 mins after every 35 mins to let DR reset.

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

If you don’t thoroughly enjoy farming/grinding then don’t bother.

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

Personally I just started playing the TP and have made over 6 gold in the last 3 days starting at only 59 silver. There are some great articles that really help that you can find in google!

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

@Bravix

You are correct. I was in a rush and should have rechecked.
but it is still a way some made gold quickly.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Getting lucky or finding exploitable markets before others catch up is how, very early on after the TP got released you could buy materials or dyes and still make good profits reselling them, some guy even admitted to using exploits to drive up the price of certain goods artificially. Others made a lot speed running dungeons before they got fixed as well.

Posted by: Scorpio.3821

Scorpio.3821

If truth be told 50% of those that claim to have that much don’t, 25% of those that do have that much got it by an exploit in the game. Which leaves 25% that might really have it.

69% of percentages are made up.

Buy low, sell high. Simple economics. Got 15g last time I played the market.

Legate of the Legion.

Posted by: Strifer.3507

Strifer.3507