How do you un-target?

How do you un-target?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

Ok so I have been playing since release and use Tab a lot to select closest enemy and to cycle through them. But I could never figure out how to unselect a target. I basically have to run out of range before my target clears.

This is annoying because I like to use jump attack skills to flee or run past enemies but if I am accidentally targetting an enemy, my toon turns around and attacks them. How do I untarget on the fly? I saw the new build mention fast targetting and resetting targets.

How do you un-target?

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Click anywhere like the ground or press Esc.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

How do you un-target?

Holy Whirlwind.2067

Here is a portion of the new update notes that I was referring to, they mention deselecting:

•Tab targeting now prioritizes players over NPCs (including minions; mesmer clones are an exception) and champions over everything else.
•Deselecting a target will reset the tab-targeting history

How do you un-target?

Holy Whirlwind.2067

Thanks Mathias, will try that. But can you set a keybind to deselect to quickly reset my tab targetting?

How do you un-target?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I click somewhere on the screen to deselect. Of course in zergs that means I am now targeting another zerg member so this procedure does have its flaws.

How do you un-target?

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Not that I see in the options unfortunately.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

How do you un-target?

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Go to Control Options, find “Lock Autotarget”. Select a key you want to use to drop your target – voila.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

How do you un-target?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Go to Control Options, find “Lock Autotarget”. Select a key you want to use to drop your target – voila.

I’ll have to check that out. Thanks.

How do you un-target?

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Thanks Mathias, will try that. But can you set a keybind to deselect to quickly reset my tab targetting?

Esc is already bound for that =)

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

How do you un-target?

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Esc is already bound for that =)

Esc is awkward to use for deselecting a target, binding a key to “Lock Autotarget” is the far better option imho.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

How do you un-target?

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

There really needs to be a deselect key which will remove target of anything that was previously targeted (regardless if friend or foe). It happens way to often that clicking into “empty” space still selects some target which is really problematic if you use leaps etc.