How do you use Inscriptions?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Maddav.9605

Maddav.9605

I’m trying to understand how you use Inscriptions….can someone explain?

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

When you mouse-over the inscription, it should show the crafting disciplines and requirements for it – they are used at the crafting stations in building weapons.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

Maddav.9605

OK…Thanks….still don’t understand.

Posted by: Daihe.8275

Daihe.8275

In the discovery tab, put in the inscription together with the two components that make up a weapon e.g. sword handle + sword blade to get a sword recipe which uses the components you just put in.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Inscriptions are like a certain imbuing tool you use when making gear. If you mouseover the inscription it tells you what kind of gear (stats) you’ll get when you combine it with say a tunic panel and a tunic lining.

Typically inscriptions are the third component necessary to make the gear … and determine the end-product.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Maddav.9605

I see inscriptions for sale at the Huntsman station…all well above my skill level. Guess I’ll have to be a much hight skill level to even use them.

Posted by: Vacus.7069

Vacus.7069

The Inscriptions for sale at the huntsman station (or other crafting NPC) are recipes with which you make an inscription.

The actual inscription, once crafted, is used as described in this thread. There are plenty of other inscriptions that you’ll learn just by leveling up crafting; the ones the master huntsman sells are the Rare quality (yellow) inscriptions.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I see inscriptions for sale at the Huntsman station…all well above my skill level. Guess I’ll have to be a much hight skill level to even use them.

You can buy those later to make rare gear, but you can make you own inscriptions, just from the recipes you automatically get with the discipline. They use fine crafting materials like weak blood or small scales and are combined with a dowl (made from wooden planks), or a plated dowl which adds metal into the recipe for a more powerful version of the inscription. The finished inscription is then combined with two crafting components to create a finished piece of gear. It is the “magical” component of the gear you’re making.

For instance, if you wanted to discover the recipe for a longbow, you would craft a longbow stave, a string, and an inscription. All of those recipes are given to you automatically. You would then take those three pieces and combine them in the Discovery pane of the crafting interface (top tab of the four). The finished item is added to your inventory and the recipe to make it again is added to your list of known recipes.

Different fine materials will yield different effects when you create inscriptions with them, which in turn, allow you to create weapons (or armor) with different effects.

(edited by Blacklight.2871)