How does influence work in events with multiple members?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: magecu.2571

magecu.2571

Q:

I am wondering how influence works when doing events with multiple guild members.

What I have seen so far (first hand):
1 member -> 2 influence (2 inf per member)
2 members -> 20 influence (10 inf per member)
3 members -> 20 influence (6.67 inf per member)

I have read that with 4 members the alloted influence is still only 20, which translates to 5 inf per member.

Is this working as intended (O_o)?, am I experiencing a bug, or is there something else going on here?

magecu.2571

So no one has any idea on how this works/should work?

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

I think it’s just a differentiation between “solo run” and a “guild run.” Not necessarily the number of individuals that comprise the group having a direct correlation to how much influence you get, just that if it’s 1 you get X and if it’s more than 1 you get Y. I could be wrong, never really noticed.

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

1 event = 2 influences
So 3 members doing a DE is 6 per DE.
If each of them do 3 DEs, that’s 18.
If one of them does a 4th, while other 2 only do 3, that’s 20.

That’s what I thought it is.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

magecu.2571

1 event = 2 influences
So 3 members doing a DE is 6 per DE.
If each of them do 3 DEs, that’s 18.
If one of them does a 4th, while other 2 only do 3, that’s 20.

That’s what I thought it is.

Well at the moment it doesn’t work like that unless all the guild I am in are experiencing the same bug since the start.
1 member = 2 influence
2 members = 20 influence
3 members = 20 influence

4 members = 20 influence (not sure as I haven’t tested it yet, I only read about it on the wiki chat about influence)

If the 4 members scenario is true a better use of time (influence wise) on the side of the guild would be to have 2 members doing one event and the other 2 doing another event as the cumulative influence would be 40 inf (20 inf for two member completing even 1 and 20 inf for two members completing event 2)

This is not much of an issue for larger guilds, but for smaller guild, this kind of informations are very important.

Posted by: Phrixscreoth.6895

Phrixscreoth.6895

In my experience, 1 event = 2 influence. However, when doing WvWvW I noticed a significant increase in the amount of influence per event we did.

Now, in the WvW case I was in a party of a number of guildies all working together, and my usual observations don’t have many guildies on at one time.

Posted by: Eivene.9127

Eivene.9127

“2 Influence for individual guild members completing an event or part of a personal storyline. (The per-player influence gained increases substantially with each new participating guild member.)”

So it is supposed to scale up, but I don’t think anyone’s gotten around to actually calculating by how much. It does seem strange that it would stay at 20 with more than 2 members. I’ve seen someone else on the (edit) support forums experience the same thing with their guild. It does sound like it’s not working entirely as it should.

Perfectionists’ Cult [NICE] - Family Friendly PvE/WvW community
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Eivene.9127)

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I’ve observed that each participatign guild member generates 4 influence when 2 are participating in the same event (influence is 2 when solo). Since, most of the time, we see things like “4 guild members generated 148 influence from 23 events” in our log, tracking the exact contribution, participation in individual events, etc. is difficult.

I seem to recall that 3 people in 1 event generated 18 influence, but I might be remembering wrong.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]