How exactly do I stack runes on equipment?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: EXuBu Ice.3562

EXuBu Ice.3562

Q:

I bought six Superior Rune of Rage and equipped one followed by a second one however the first one was replaced. How exactly do I do it? Pardon me if it’s a dumb question , I am just really lost since the wiki page didn’t help me out either.

P.S. The gear I tried to stack them on was Exotic, just saying if it matters in any way.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

A:

They “stack” when you put them on different armor pieces. It took me a few weeks to figure out how runes work in this game, it’s not explained ingame.

You have 6 bonuses for superior runes. If only one armor piece has a specific rune, you only get the first bonus. You could theoretically equip 6 different runes on 6 armor pieces and get the first bonus of each. If you have the same kind of rune equipped on two armor pieces, you get the first two bonuses. Superior Rune of Rage on leggings + Superior Rune of Rage on boots gives you:

(1): +25 Ferocity
(2): +10% Fury Duration

The greyed out bonuses will not be active. Since the higher bonuses are better, you want to have the same kind of rune for all armor pieces.

Buy another Superior Rune of Rage, put one rune on each of your armor pieces. While underwater, you will lose the effect of the 6th bonus, because the waterbreather will replace the helmet. It makes not much difference really because underwater combat sucks anyway. If you really wanna keep all bonuses underwater, get an exotic waterbreather and another rune, I don’t recommend it though.

Later on, if you want to have complete armor, you’ll get ascended stuff and put decent runes on it.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: sokeenoppa.5384

sokeenoppa.5384

1 rune for each Gear piece.

Posted by: EXuBu Ice.3562

EXuBu Ice.3562

Thanks a lot Faaris! Now that I think about it I should have noticed that from the beginning but it is rather unusual. It would have taken me weeks to find it out on my own so thank you so much! ^^