How good is 70 percent magic find in gw2?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Davidm.2419

Davidm.2419

How good is 70 percent magic find in guild wars 2?

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

That’s very high if you’re a new player, I think most active players have only slightly higher than that now.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

300 from the hero panel is highest.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

300 + achievement boost + consumable boosters is maximum. But with all RNG your mileage may vary. You may go forever without seeing a single decent drop and then BOOM! 3 exotics in a row and a precursor! OMG I’m on a lucky streak, time to gamble and lose it all!

I’m not even sure that there’s a statistical improvement on drops with any value of magic find and stories about your friends cousins neighbors dogs groomers kid getting 3 precursors in a single day don’t mean anything at all because that is just one single person getting an improbable gambling roll multiple times and the next 3 years he might not see a single precursor again.

Oh, and I think you’ll need to eat almost 3/4 of a million +10 lucks to max it out BTW Anet, that’s 1.5 million clicks my finger will have to do… my doctor thanks you for the paychecks he’ll be receiving from the surgery necessary to fix the carpal tunnel you’re giving me! Why again do I have to double click consumables??

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I have ~150ish and tbh I don’t see a huge difference.

@Lil Puppy, there are autohotkey “scripts” that interpret your mousewheelups/downs as mouseclicks. It’s not against the TOS since 1 mousewheel"click" is still 1 mouseclick.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just hit 97% MF and while I do tend to salvage a lot of items, I am NOT pursuing MF specifically.

My RARE and EXOTIC drops certainly seem better now than before the MF patch (I NEVER used MF equipment back then). It’s really difficult to state for sure as they are STILL RNG based.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I have 130%.

The thing is, afaik magic find is only for drops when you kill a mob. Not open world chests or black lion chests or the loot bags of various types that mobs drop. Just the plain items they drop. So unless you are killing things, your magic find is doing nothing for you.

At 130% I think I’m seeing more rare items drop and greens but truthfully it’s hard to tell. It’s gone up so gradually for me that it’s hard to remember and compare the drops from before they put account wide magic find in game.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

At around 90% I actually started seeing rares dropping … rarely.
At 197% there has been no difference.

It made no difference for exotics.

MF does something but it is a waste of of efforts to focus on it unless you plan on doing a lot farming.

Posted by: aurora.2804

aurora.2804

The thing is, afaik magic find is only for drops when you kill a mob.

If I’m not completely wrong I believe they updated drops from champion boxes to be affected by MF.

I have 111% and it feels like I do get slightly more often rares than I used to with 0%. Could be a placebo effect as well

(edited by aurora.2804)

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

No idea. I’m at 240% and I don’t get kitten.

You really have to think what the original value is. If you have a 50% chance at X drop, 70% or 240% increase to that is great.

If your original chance is .001%, then 70% and 240% increase are pretty much the same thing.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Oh, and I think you’ll need to eat almost 3/4 of a million +10 lucks to max it out BTW Anet, that’s 1.5 million clicks my finger will have to do… my doctor thanks you for the paychecks he’ll be receiving from the surgery necessary to fix the carpal tunnel you’re giving me! Why again do I have to double click consumables??

Artificer, try it. Level 0

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I’ve noticed personally getting more exotics/rares now that I’m sitting on 280% MF (with boosts). As well as more T6 materials and other higher grade items.

It’s a nice side effect and gives a good reason to salvage those blues/greens.
I don’t think trying to achieve high magic find is worth it.

Posted by: Marndeis.7815

Marndeis.7815

I just started using a Birthday Booster and MF food on one of my toons and brought me up to about 200% MF. Since then, I have had a LOT more t6 Drops, noticed more yellows and even had 2 ascended rings drop.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Artificer, try it. Level 0

Even Exotic Lucks will take hundreds of thousands of clicks…..if you have that many to consume, change your E key to the mouse wheel temporarily.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances