How should inappropriate guild names be reported?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Shard.4791

Shard.4791

How should unappropriate guild names be reported? Does anyone know?

Mm. I like turtles.

Posted by: Demosthene.2195

Demosthene.2195

Don’t quote me on this, but I believe the official response was to report for offensive name, since guild tag and guild name are checked as well in the process.

Posted by: Aetheogh.9127

Aetheogh.9127

Thought about reporting one guild that had a Tag of BOT in which I assumed that it meant guild was a botting type guild. Then decided not to after seeing the warning about getting banned if you post a false report. So not going to bother with it, since do not want account to be banned for reporting something that I believe to be a botting guild and it turns out it was not a botting guild…

Thx Anet for making things confusing.. you want players to help you with getting rid of botters, exploiters and cheaters and yet at same time you threaten your playerbase with account bannings if it turns out report is false…

Aetheogh.9127|Sanctum of Rall Server|North America (Mountain Timezone)|(do not use voice)

Posted by: Ginrikuzuma.6872

Ginrikuzuma.6872

Thought about reporting one guild that had a Tag of BOT in which I assumed that it meant guild was a botting type guild. Then decided not to after seeing the warning about getting banned if you post a false report. So not going to bother with it, since do not want account to be banned for reporting something that I believe to be a botting guild and it turns out it was not a botting guild…

Thx Anet for making things confusing.. you want players to help you with getting rid of botters, exploiters and cheaters and yet at same time you threaten your playerbase with account bannings if it turns out report is false…

that could be because maybe you are making the assumption they bot maybe BOT stands for something? It’s better to be certain of something and then report than to take a guess, report and indeed have made a false report. If that BOT guild is botting try to find out typical botting program things then report but to plain out assume it is bad.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

that could be because maybe you are making the assumption they bot maybe BOT stands for something? It’s better to be certain of something and then report than to take a guess, report and indeed have made a false report. If that BOT guild is botting try to find out typical botting program things then report but to plain out assume it is bad.

Yeah… it could easily stand for something other than “botting”. Like “Brothers of Thorin” or whatever starts with a T. Unless they actually seemed to be botting, I wouldn’t jump to such conclusions over something that could very easily be innocent.

Posted by: Arden.8057

Arden.8057

I would of thought if you did report them, for thinking it was a botting guild, you wouldn’t get banned as it wasn’t malicicious, but a genuine attempt to report possible abuse of the game mechanics.

Posted by: Shard.4791

Shard.4791

Thanks for the responses.

Mm. I like turtles.

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

was wondering about this as well. i saw a guild yesterday that was named “tight *******”…. yeah, seriously.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

If you come across a guild name you feel violates our rules of conduct, please send an in-game ticket. At this time, there is not a “report guild name” option, but you can select the option for character name. Thanks for your help keeping the game environment fun and friendly for everyone!