How to Maximize in Windowed mode?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: crimsonhawk.7921

crimsonhawk.7921

Is there a way to Maximize the game window without dragging it to the top of the screen? The logical choice – clicking the maximize button – switches it to full screen mode.

I know that Windowed mode can be maximized by dragging the window to the top of the screen in Windows 7, but this does not work when you have “snap” turned off (i.e. you have “Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen” checked in Control Panel). I have it turned off because it interferes with other applications I use frequently use.

So is there any other option to Maximize the GW2 window without dragging the window to the top of the screen? Or is the only way to Maximize GW2 in Windowed mode by dragging it to the top of the screen with “snap” turned on?

So much inconvenience for such a simple basic Windows feature. This truly exemplifies one of the basic rules of design: Don´t try and reinvent the wheel.

Posted by: AriaSilverfyre.8702

AriaSilverfyre.8702

I have dual monitors and run GW2 in “windowed fullscreen” mode via the game graphic options. Works like a charm for me running Windows 7. You may have to hit alt-tab once and then click the GW2 icon on your task bar to make sure it’s working properly. It could just be my strange luck that it acts up on rare occasions.

Guild Leader of ’"The Gryphons Aerie [REST]": A PvE/RP family
Join Us – http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com

Posted by: RAWR.4273

RAWR.4273

Alt + Enter

“An Error Prevented Saving: Message Body length must at least be 15.”

Posted by: crimsonhawk.7921

crimsonhawk.7921

Alt + Enter

“An Error Prevented Saving: Message Body length must at least be 15.”

That just puts it into full screen mode.

I´m looking to Maximize the window so that the edges of the window can´t be inadvertently dragged (causing the window to be resized and the game hang up for a couple of seconds) during gameplay.

The only two solutions that I can find that work are:
1) Windowed Fullscreen (which is nice but it can´t be minimized, so it is still sucking full GPU power while I´m alt tabbed out of the game)
2) Turn on “snap” in Control Panel (allows the window to be Maximized by dragging it to the top of the screen, but as I mentioned before, I keep snap turned off because it adversely affects other applications I use frequently, particularly graphics applications with a lot of menu dragging causing accidental “undocking” of the application window.)

Both of the above options work to maximize the window so the edges cannot be accidentally dragged, resized, or clicked out of focus (by clicking outside the window), but all I am asking if there is a simple way to maximize the GW2 window without having to fuss with all these settings.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Actually it doesn’t seem to work with snap enabled either. It just moves the window to the top left corner without resizing.

Not sure why snap matters unless you are constantly resizing/switching computers. You could just set the window to the size you want and GW2 will start at that size until you change it again.

Posted by: Kunshu.5281

Kunshu.5281

Just double-click the window pane, and it will fill to the edges of your screen.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

That’s kind of funny because when I tab out of full screen my GPU usage plummets according to Process Explorer. I’m using AMD GPU so maybe it’s a think with nVidia.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Sykotic.6230

Sykotic.6230

I know I am necroing this thread, but I just started and cannot get the Windowed mode to resize. I can’t get the GW2 window to work the way I like it. I want it to be a maximized window on my middle monitor (monitor #2). I can get it to monitor #2 when I am in Windowed mode, but there is no way I have found to change the resolution. I can drag the window border to expand the window size, but it snaps back to the original size every time. I consider the game unplayable in this state. Clicking the maximize button just switches the game to fullscreen mode on monitor #1.

Anyone have any ideas that don’t involve switching my primary monitor?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

HOLD ALT then hit TAB to open a select list of all running application. Keep hitting tab until your desktop is highlighted and release all keys.

The above should minimize ALL programs on your main monitor desktop.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances