How to Solo Champions

How to Solo Champions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Skylent.8254

Skylent.8254

This is a video showing off how to solo the champion Troll of Queensdale. The technique described in the video could likely be used against a lot of other champions.

I am starting a series dedicated to doing solo slayer videos and also watch out for a series of challenge runs such as “no killing” gw2 completion.

Tell me what you think? And I hope this helps some people since some bosses/ enemies are difficult alone. Taking advantage of auto path-ing is pretty much how I progressed through this game with just myself and another.

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

No killing? lvl all 8 craft.

but yeah nice idea

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

No killing? lvl all 8 craft.

but yeah nice idea

Actually, you do map completion and get as many hearts done that require no killing (or have an option to complete it without killing), vista’s, PoI, waypoints, some skill points.

How to Solo Champions

Skylent.8254

Second installment guys. Each time I do a champ I will try to make sure it is a more difficult fight than the last. Enjoy the content and please leave suggestions!

btw if you don’t know me, this is my personal channel though I am known for doing video game reviews for freemmostation dot com and freepcgamers dot com as well as vgzn dot com

I am currently building up my personal Youtube and I would love to make a fresh start with Guild Wars 2 content and with the GW2 community.

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Do the Champion Risen Megalodon in Orr. :P

How to Solo Champions

Skylent.8254

Video: Risen Megalodon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1G5hi5Rig&feature=youtu.be

Since this is not the one specifically found in Orr, I can always go and do that one as well unless this satisfied you.

Any other suggestions?

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

No specific suggestions for other champions, but I wanted to say that I really enjoyed your videos. Your style of narration is really friendly and attitude-free, and it makes it obvious that you really are doing these videos to help people rather than just to show off and say “Look at me, noobz!”.

So…great job, and keep it up, Skylent. :-)

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Champion Risen Giant? You can reflect the grubs with feedback, temporal curtain and phantasmal warden but the problem is when you try to melee the giant and he’ll just stomp you.

That’s with a mesmer of course.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Champion Risen Giant? You can reflect the grubs with feedback, temporal curtain and phantasmal warden but the problem is when you try to melee the giant and he’ll just stomp you.

The stomp is really easy to see coming. A simple dodge works. Or if playing Mesmer you could use Sword #2 or shatter F4 to evade.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

How to Solo Champions

colesy.8490

The problem is I run out of dodges, or I get my warden stomped so I lose my reflect source … or both.

Next time I get on a decent computer I might try a sigil of energy w/endurance regen food or something, it’s just losing my phantasms makes my dps atrocious.

I’m pretty sure I’m just playing bad.

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

The problem is I run out of dodges, or I get my warden stomped so I lose my reflect source … or both.

Next time I get on a decent computer I might try a sigil of energy w/endurance regen food or something, it’s just losing my phantasms makes my dps atrocious.

I’m pretty sure I’m just playing bad.

If you have a Staff, you could also use skill #2 to teleport away from him.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

How to Solo Champions

colesy.8490

Staff does pretty poor DPS. I normally stick to my sword/pistol + sword/focus but maybe I could try the AOE GS phantasm on the grubs. Of course that means not hitting the giant which gives him more time to spawn grubs … bleh.

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

He doesn’t stomp that often, you have plenty of time to melee him. I’ve solo’d him so far on necro (pre DS nerf), mesmer, and ranger. For some reason I just can’t get him on guardian strangely enough. I’ve duo’d him on engi and not gonna waste my time playing a warrior, it bores the hell outta me. Doubt I could do it on an ele though, would like to see someone do a vid of that. Also, take a shot at the champ abomination in gendarran fields in Lawen Ponds swamp (back in the cave). He’s surprisingly tough to beat because he heals himself.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

(edited by Nay of the Ether.8913)

How to Solo Champions

Skylent.8254

He doesn’t stomp that often, you have plenty of time to melee him. I’ve solo’d him so far on necro (pre DS nerf), mesmer, and ranger. For some reason I just can’t get him on guardian strangely enough. I’ve duo’d him on engi and not gonna waste my time playing a warrior, it bores the hell outta me. Doubt I could do it on an ele though, would like to see someone do a vid of that. Also, take a shot at the champ abomination in gendarran fields in Lawen Ponds swamp (back in the cave). He’s surprisingly tough to beat because he heals himself.

I will try these 2 out. I am thinking of doing the bandit in Queensdale soon as well. Anyways, lots of champions in Guild Wars 2 so no shortage on challenge!

It is really cool to hear the back and forth tactical discussion. It is my hope that Guild Wars 2 continues to expand in its challenge factor like they did in this monthly event with the 1v1 champions and added loot drops to open world champs.

How to Solo Champions

colesy.8490

The few times I’ve tried it (like …3 ) I ended up getting some awful rng where he’d chain stomps and since he spawns like 6 grubs a time I’d just get overwhelmed by them.

Once I actually get a strong rotation figured out I’ll do fine.

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

Howbout the most OP champ ever? Our all beloved Troll in AC!
As for champion risen giant, didn’t really think it was that hard, killed him with guardian playing sword/focus&gs out of curiusity once on the very first try.. and than we also have Brazil with his dps tests on vet giants C;

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

(edited by Wesnoth.1705)

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

That’s easy just run up your tower or keep and rain superior AC on em.
Option 2 is knock em off a high cliff.
XD

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: Anelyn.4593

Anelyn.4593

Try to solo the champion Ooze in metrica province, let me know how it went.

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

A good mesmer should be able to solo almost any champ, heck I made it through half the MF dungeon solo until the lousy mob AI made it impossible to solo. Patience is the thing, you have to be able to want to spend like a half hour soloing one mob and to me that ends up being too boring.

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Try to solo the champion Ooze in metrica province, let me know how it went.

Ah I just solo’d that one last night on my 40ish thief, was a good fight Probably should have used sword/pistol instead of pistol/pistol, was trying different weapons out.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Metrica Champ Ooze was pertty annoying iirc. lol. i think i ended up running cause i was taking so long. :/// might give it a shot again.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Metrica Champ Ooze was pertty annoying iirc. lol. i think i ended up running cause i was taking so long. :/// might give it a shot again.

It did take forever, I had to kite it around the tent while spamming bleeds on it

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

How to Solo Champions

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Video: Risen Megalodon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1G5hi5Rig&feature=youtu.be

Since this is not the one specifically found in Orr, I can always go and do that one as well unless this satisfied you.

Any other suggestions?

Even though you fought the Megalodon mostly from the shore, that is still mighty impressive. Congrats!

Maybe a Champion Risen Abomination would be a nice challenge for you? I’ve seen it wipe out whole herds of people. Then again, one person might be able to avoid getting hit by it and giving it bonuses. haha.

How to Solo Champions

Skylent.8254

Someone asked for the Troll In AC, so here it is —→ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJEC7UX5iec&feature=youtu.be
I will try more open world bosses and also going to start trying to solo entire dungeons as talked about in this video. I started a guild based around making these kinds of videos so if you want in add me in game guys! If not that is cool as well, add me anyways to hang out! IGN Skylent Shore “yea I use my name so what? XD”