How to examine people's gear?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Strikerpogz.3412

Strikerpogz.3412

How do I know if someone’s armor is exotic/legendary? how do I see the stats? and if its disabled in this game. WHY??

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

They will probably add that in later. It’s not available in-game right now.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

You don’t. You rely on how skilled they are in running the content in question instead of looking at what they’re wearing. However, if you’re desperate in wondering if their gear is exotic/legendary etc, you could always study the looks of gear from the various dungeon armor vendors in Lion’s Arch. They’re near the WvW Asura gates.

Note however that the stats on that gear may not always reflect what they actually have. Meaning that they could just have the skin of that armor but the stats of something else, mostly due to having transmutation stones. However, if that person is wearing a complete dungeon set, then chances are that they probably know that part of the content pretty well.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

I would love to look at other players gear… but not for what most people want to do it for. Most want to look at it in order to see how they would matchup in the group. Kinda like parsing programs.(i see these as a form of discrimination).

No, I want to look cause if I like the stats and whatnot, I can ask the person where they got it from and try to go get it myself.

Posted by: wintermute.2047

wintermute.2047

That’s really creepy…

Posted by: Lucky.3870

Lucky.3870

Most want to look at it in order to see how they would matchup in the group.

Sure! Maybe there should be some kind of number that says how good your gear is, let’s call it gear score. So when we run dungeons, we can only take the best with us!

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

Sure! Maybe there should be some kind of number that says how good your gear is, let’s call it gear score. So when we run dungeons, we can only take the best with us!

This is exactly what I hate about MMO’s. Gear is not the end all and be all… sure it helps, but when people do this it becomes a matter of US vs THEM. Everyone has to start somewhere with gear. You start excluding people out of groups, then how will they ever get the shiny?

You could of found the smartest and most skillful player ever but you take a look at their gear and say.. “Um no thanks we’ll pass on you” Little did you know the player hasn’t been able to aquire the gear yet, because they can’t get into a group.

I just want to look at the gear cause if I like it i can then ask the person how they aquired it. Then go get it myself

Posted by: Garrix.7036

Garrix.7036

If you like the look, ask then to link it or ask them where they got it. Stats are pretty much irrelevant, you can craft whatever stats you want on things.

Posted by: whitepaws.1523

whitepaws.1523

at level 80 probably everyone has max-stat gear, because it is not so hard to come by. If it is an exotic or legendary, well,… you see it because it is a different skin. What more do you need?

Posted by: mechasauce.1309

mechasauce.1309

I sense sarcasm….

But on topic, i wouldn’t mind the option to inspect someones gear, but also i wouldn’t be bothered if they didn’t implement it. Imo, theres nothing worse than some little 12 year old constantly bombarding you with messages about where you aquired a certain piece of gear.

Posted by: Zen.1740

Zen.1740

“NOT HAVING A FEATURE IS A FEATURE!”
- Arenadrone, 2012

It’s 2012. This game is supposed to be a AAA MMO, and World of Warcraft has had this incredibly useful and cool feature for like 7 years or something hasn’t it? I honestly don’t see why there is a reason to not have it, apart from ‘because WoW has it’, and that is incredibly stupid.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2,
no one enjoys that, no one finds it fun.” – Colin Johanson
R.I.P. in piece, Guild Wars 2, August 2012 – September 2012

Posted by: Bahamut.7029

Bahamut.7029

ye i’d like the ability to do that … also items on the auction house .. sometimes i like buying stuff to transmute my gear into its kinda hard to go on gw2db and look at how the item’s model looks like then go and purchase it !

Charr , Blood Legion Warrior \m/
Tumblr:The Bahamut

Posted by: mechasauce.1309

mechasauce.1309

ye i’d like the ability to do that … also items on the auction house .. sometimes i like buying stuff to transmute my gear into its kinda hard to go on gw2db and look at how the item’s model looks like then go and purchase it !

Yeh i agree with being able to look at the items on the TP. Would make purchases a lot easier.

Posted by: Altair.7560

Altair.7560

Don’t do it ArenaNet, it’s a Pandora’s Box. The outcome of this will be gear discrimination. As proven in another MMO I use to play, players can always get their hands on high tier gear, but equipment doesn’t fix awful gameplay.

(edited by Altair.7560)

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

People already discriminate just based on how your gear looks. If you don’t have a special skin on, they’re going to assume you’re bad. When I was 30 something on my Ele I was just having some fun in WvW and had a pretty good set of gear on – it was a full green set I had bought at a WvW vendor so the best I could get for my level. But it had a low level skin (that I personally liked so I thought nothing of it). Well some 60 something dude was making fun of my crappy gear just because I had a low level skin on. In my mid 30s what the hell else do you expect me to be wearing? And it was WvW so not a big deal what you have on. But he felt the need to say it. So those people are already out there, nothing much you can do about it. Not being able to see people’s gear doesn’t prevent people from being jerks.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

Posted by: Djinn.4396

Djinn.4396

“NOT HAVING A FEATURE IS A FEATURE!”
- Arenadrone, 2012

It’s 2012. This game is supposed to be a AAA MMO, and World of Warcraft has had this incredibly useful and cool feature for like 7 years or something hasn’t it? I honestly don’t see why there is a reason to not have it, apart from ‘because WoW has it’, and that is incredibly stupid.

Cough Dungeon Finder Cough

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

Umm not sure about the TP but you knowif you right click links in chat or right click an item on a vendor you get a little box that pops up that says preview right?

EDIT: And if the TP won’t let you right click if it lets you link it in chat you should be able to preview it that way

Posted by: Tarque Sinister.9032

Tarque Sinister.9032

Two Thumbs WAAAAAY Up for this idea!!!

Server: Anvil Rock
Main Character: Lugg Knut (Charr/Engineer)
Guild: Bed Intruders [HIDE]