How to get "Beasts Slain Quick"

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

How on earth do you succeed on the “Beasts slain quick” achievement (on the last mission of “A Crack in the Ice”)? I’ve tried and tried, and I can’t even come close. I haven’t ever even finished taking out the gumbies by the time five minutes are up.

I tried getting a PUG, but there doesn’t seem to be anybody else doing it. And, someone from my guild said it’s easier solo (because of the multiple targets issue).

I’m stuck. Any ideas?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Braham & the NPCs, working alone (with you hiding in a corner) can finish off (nearly all) the ‘adds’ in 5-6 minutes, so you could trigger the fight, run back to the corridor, and watch for 1-2 minutes to see if they can whittle things down for you a bit. It’s RNG, so you’d have to restart (using the mote) a few times to get a “good roll”.

Even if you get a bad roll, you can practice the techniques you need to be quick: tag a couple of the servants, then maneuver around an obstacle so they chase you and ball up. That way, the beast hits a bunch of them at once.

Controlling aggro is a really good skill to learn for a lot of the game’s content.

It helps to bring a durable, heavy-hitting toon, so something like a trap guardian or condi+trap ranger work well. Rev isn’t too shabby either.

If you’re using LFG, I’d recommend that you put up the advert and advertise in /map and wait. At this point, there are going to be plenty of folks in the same boat as you, but… it’s unlikely that everyone is actively pursuing the achievement at the same time. Be patient.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Daddicus.6128

Thanks. I’ll have to update the wiki: it says 30-40 minutes. But, I’ll try that a few times to see what happens.

Thanks!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Thanks. I’ll have to update the wiki: it says 30-40 minutes. But, I’ll try that a few times to see what happens.

Thanks!

That is around how long it takes for Braham to do it the last couple of times where I just didn’t want to bother with it. The majority of the time is taken up by the killing the minions. Braham can kill the beasts fairly quickly on his own so high damage isn’t really all that crucial. When I completed the achievement it wasn’t on a particularly high damage character either and I wasn’t even going for the achievement.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yes, I’m sorry I wasn’t clear earlier. The idea is to let Braham clear for about half the time, to give you a head start. Then you finish them off quickly to the timed achievement.

If you get a “bad roll” (i.e. Braham doesn’t clear many), then still use the time to practice your technique of “balling up the foes” so that the ‘bull’ will mow them down like a 20-lb ball taking out 10 pins

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The main issue with that bit is that for whatever reason the beast needs to build up momentum or something. If it runs into a rock too soon after it starts a charge it just stops without doing anything. The main thing you have to do is get the alignment correct so that doesn’t happen and get it to run over the minions.

Daddicus.6128

The main issue with that bit is that for whatever reason the beast needs to build up momentum or something. If it runs into a rock too soon after it starts a charge it just stops without doing anything. The main thing you have to do is get the alignment correct so that doesn’t happen and get it to run over the minions.

Yeah, that seems to be my problem. But, it’s really hard to predict exactly when he’s going to start the bowling skill.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Yeah, that seems to be my problem. But, it’s really hard to predict exactly when he’s going to start the bowling skill.

I ended up just hanging out with the beast and the thing I wanted to target aligned all the time. Move as little as possible to dodge attacks, etc.

Might be worth investing in additional healing or vitality to make it easier, if you are not as robust as a necro. (For which I could rebuild life force nicely on the things I could hit but not hurt.)