How to get Sweet FX to work. [Guide]

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I’m mostly making this thread for me, in case I forget how to do it. (Happened once already)
It’s possible that there are people like me who had hard time figuring out how to get it to work. This is a foolproof way of doing it, so it’s possible that some of these steps are unnecessary.

1. Download Sweet FX.
2. Extract it into your Guild Wars 2 folder.
3. Extract again “just in case” into your bin folder. (Guild Wars 2/Bin)
4. Download the preset you like, preferably something shiny to make sure it works.
5. Open the preset you just downloaded (.txt file) and copy its contents.
6. Go to your Guild Wars 2 directory again and open “SweetFX_preset.txt” file you extracted earlier.
7. Paste the contents of downloaded preset into that file and save.
8. Repeat with “SweetFX_preset.txt” file you extracted into the bin folder and save.
9. Open the game to see if it doesn’t crash.
10. If it does crash, remove one of the two files located in your bin folder and check if it works. It’s either “d3d9.fx” or “dxgi.fx”.
11. Everything should work. If it doesn’t, I probably can’t help you.

Posted by: Brullyra.1592

Brullyra.1592

d3d9.dll , dxgi.dll and injector.ini MUST be in either bin or bin64 folders to work.

Yoroiookami.3485

d3d9.dll , dxgi.dll and injector.ini MUST be in either bin or bin64 folders to work.

Thanks. Except in my case, both of these files caused a crash.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Why is it so complicated.

(A lot of people can’t put the 64bit client in the right place).

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Brullyra.1592

Brullyra.1592

If you’re getting crashes, delete everything in your GW2 folder other than the DAT file and launcher.

Launch the game which will generate the missing files and bin folder giving you a clean fresh working installation.

Download ReShade/SweetFX here.

Extract the download and run ReShade Setup, select the GW2.exe / GW2-64.exe (if it says game unrecognised select Directx3D 9 option.

SweetFX is now installed. To make changes edit the “SweetFX_settings” file inside the SweetFX folder. Rememebr if using a profile from SweetFX 1.5 or below you’ll probably need to manually change your options in this file as the presets have updated in version 2 (takes about 2 mins)

Yoroiookami.3485

If you’re getting crashes, delete everything in your GW2 folder other than the DAT file and launcher.

Launch the game which will generate the missing files and bin folder giving you a clean fresh working installation.

Download ReShade/SweetFX here.

Extract the download and run ReShade Setup, select the GW2.exe / GW2-64.exe (if it says game unrecognised select Directx3D 9 option.

SweetFX is now installed. To make changes edit the “SweetFX_settings” file inside the SweetFX folder. Rememebr if using a profile from SweetFX 1.5 or below you’ll probably need to manually change your options in this file as the presets have updated in version 2 (takes about 2 mins)

As I said, it works. The fix is in my first post. What you said about those files being in bin folder is also in my post. I have no idea if you even read my words at all. xD