How to perform a bit better (need advice)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Akiyoto.2670

Akiyoto.2670

Much people want to become the best PvE player or the ultimate PvP warrior.
Let’s get real. That takes a lot exercise and training yourself. Months of grinding for mats or heaps of gold and/or real money to buy them. Don’t forget a pile of reading, exhausting study and even some math. Will there be any time left to actual play and enjoy the game? So I want just to improve a bit, but don’t know how.

At the moment I own a 25 Mastery rank, I’m level 10 WvW, completed my personal story (now in Act 4 of HoT) and collected all the hero points of the old world (except 1). So I’m mainly a PvE player.

My current gear (all Berserker’s type):
[ x, y, z = Power, Precision, Ferocity ]
Exalted Masque (60, 43, 43)
Exalted Mantle (45, 32, 32)
Feathered Vestments (134, 96, 96)
Exalted Gloves (45, 32, 32)
Apprentice pants of the Scholar (90, 64, 64)
Winged Boots (45, 32,32)
6 runes of the Scholar included.

Weapon:
Zenith Spire (239, 171, 171)
+ Superior Sigils of Accuracy and Force

Backpack Spineguard of Ruby (26, 19, 19)
With Ruby Jewel (25, 15, 15)
My food: Plate of Fire Flank Steak and Tin of Fruitcake (use them always)
2 Ruby rings
And a hearth shaped yellow item (can’t change/replace it)

My training is completed.
Specialization set according to what I’ve found a site.
Use staff with fire attunement.
Rotation according to tips at a site.
Artificer and Jeweler at max level.

I know to possible (?) upgrades:
I’ve Berserker’s Elegant Jeweler’s Backpack (32, 18, 18) however can’t get the Exquisit Ruby Jewel fixed into it.
Then there’s the legendary weapon (The Legend Experiment), however is takes lots of times, gold, diamonts and it’s stats are equal to my present weapon. Beside I think the next steps in crafting are way more expensive.

Finally, sometimes I play WvW for some variation. In a group, it’s fine. One on one, it’s 2 or 3 hits and I’m gone, makes me cry. Do they use special gear of tricks?

A long story, please help.
All advice & tips are welcome.

Posted by: Jethro.9376

Jethro.9376

- Your Backpack is only lvl 78, so it can’t hold lvl 80 upgrades
- Berserker stats make you a pure class cannon. Along with being an ele surviving can be harder than other classes exspecially as a newerplayer
- Legendary weapons require a lot of effort and/or money. Having such a weapon is mostly for the skin or the fact to change stats whenever you want to.

- In WvW roamers use well tuned gear and skills builds. They also know how to play their class and counter play some if not all other classes.

edit:
- Legendary Weapons and gear of ascended lvl have the highest base stats. Having exotic at your state of play is totally fine.
- Ascended gear should be seen as a long time goal to work towards to, if you want to push higher stages of fractals or min maxing.

feel free to correct me , if i’m wrong

(edited by Jethro.9376)

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Equip minimum of Exotic quaility in all of your item slots, especially if you plan on WvW. Then start thinking about crafting Ascended armor/weapons. Ascended back items/rings/accessories are readily available in the new Living Story maps, Laurel vendors, fractals, and Guild Commendation vendors.

Most WvW’ers are well equipped with Ascended items with WvW enhancements in them, so they will more often than not destroy you with anything less then Exotic gear and good knowledge of how to play your profession. Most also mix up their stats to balance their damage output, while supporting survivability. (going full berserkers in WvW is not for the faint hearted)
Some PvX players have specific sets of gear for WvW and PvE.

Berserker’s Elegant Jewellers Backpack (and the other craftable exotic back items) are level 78, so they will not take upgrades that are level 80 (Exquisite Ruby)

Legendary weapons have the same stats as Ascended quality, the only benefit of legendaries are it’s ability to stat swap out of combat, and it’s unique skin of course.

Kitten.

Posted by: Akiyoto.2670

Akiyoto.2670

Thanks guys, that’s nice & understandable advise.
I’ll forget legendary gear and go for ascended (have quite some laurels).
I see how things are arranged in WvW, just go there now and then, without whining ;-)

Looking at ascended gear:
Any difference between Crystalline band and Rong of red death?
(both are 120-85-85 + 1 infusion slot)

Posted by: Jethro.9376

Jethro.9376

Not really.

Both of them are unique, which means you can only wear one of each.

It’s possible to wear the same ring twice via infusing and/or attuning.
Infusing and attuning adds 1 extra slot to the ring to insert more infusions.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

I see how things are arranged in WvW, just go there now and then, without whining ;-)

The difference is in the type of infusions you can apply. Unless something has changed since I last looked, you can’t wear two rings of the same type. So you can wear a Crystalline Band and a Ring of Red Death, but you can not wear two Ring of Red Death.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

The difference is in the type of infusions you can apply. Unless something has changed since I last looked, you can’t wear two rings of the same type. So you can wear a Crystalline Band and a Ring of Red Death, but you can not wear two Ring of Red Death.

There’s no different type of infusion slot anymore. They are all just infusion slots (apart from your Amulet, which is an enrichment slot for upgrades related to XP/Gold Find/Karma and Magic Find) Which really should have seen ‘Unique’ status removed from rings atleast.

If an item says ‘Unique’ you can only wear 1 of that item.
You can wear for example;
Ring of Red Death with Ring of Red Death (Infused), or Attuned Ring of Red Death (Infused), because each instance of the ring being standard, Infused, Attuned or both, is a different item.
If you are planning to do fractals though, you may need all 3 infusion slots on rings, so it makes more sense to have two different items with the same stats to allow for you to wear them.

Kitten.