How to start the Rift Stabilizer process?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Is there something at like GW2Timer or some other information that will help me find these things I can jump in to teleport to some pond to click on a ‘???’ item to start this whole process of obtaining these stabilizer devices ?

Edit: I advertised a party for help and someone helped me, so never mind.

(edited by notebene.3190)

notebene.3190

Well, now I have the device, and it doesn’t do like anything that it says it’s supposed to do in the wiki. I don’t see roman numerals. I see … shoot, it went away, was going to get a screen shot. I had like purple and light blue buttons that were labeled ‘A’ and ‘B’ when you moused over them, and as you pressed buttons, the 5 skills changed around between which were A and which were B.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

So, the way it works is this:

1. Find an unstable rift.
2. Trigger the stabilizer.
3. Get all the 1-5 “skills” to blue, not purple
4. reward, you stabilized it!
5. now you have the roman numerals on skills 1 and 2
6. select your destination
7. jump through. you have to literally jump to trigger it. with the spacebar.

If you want the simple, mechanical solution to always getting the thing done with no thought: find the left-most purple skill. click one slot to the right of it. repeat until done. eg: if skill slot 2 is purple, click skill slot 3.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Slippy said it well but I will add for clarification: Each time you click or type a 1-5 skill while channeling the stabilizer at a rift, it flips the one you’re on and each adjacent one as well. So if you click 5, 4 and 5 will swap to their opposites. If you click 3, then 2, 3, and 4 will each swap. The goal is to get all five to the blue (spiral?) rather than the purple (circle?).

So you see it’s not random and you can usually get it done in three clicks or less depending on the starting setup.

If something stops you from finishing, eg a Separatist trying to gank you, you can restart the channel. The rifts have a shelf life but it’s usually plenty long enough. If someone else stabilizes the rift before you do, then you will get the roman numerals as soon as you start channeling.

Extra benefit of having the stabilizer: if the daily includes doing 4 events in maps that contain rifts (seen as event dots without events on them, if you have disabled the personal story guide), the rifts count as events and take maybe 5 seconds each. However, they only count for the person that stabilizes them, so you need to find one no one else is near.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Remember, also, to always sign your posts in the Wiki, as well. Just use four tildes (~).

I use the ’always start with the middle (number 3) skill/space. Usually lines them up pretty easily for completion.

Good luck.

notebene.3190

Thanks folks! I was directed to go look at the page that explains how to flip the colors, and then wasn’t sure if the roman numerals would then appear after that or not, and it sounds like it does.

I just have the class 1 device and wanted to start learning how to use it and make the next one. Came across a post in General related to it, and I didn’t know what it was, and it sounded like more content to mess around with.

notebene.3190

Do you have to keep track of the destinations you’ve been to yourself?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You do.

notebene.3190

You do.

Okay, thanks.

notebene.3190

When I go to a place, should I just stay there awhile and use the device to see if a rift will show up to go to the next place?

I ask because I went to III from Holbrek, and then a minute or two later, I could open and stabilize the rift I just came through there. I’m at IV now and have been trying to use the device there, but a rift doesn’t seem to want to show up there.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can use the Stabilizer on any Rift to complete all the combinations. You don’t even have to do it in order.

Good luck.

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

http://gw2timer.com/riftstabilizer

Since you asked, I’ve added the Rift Stabilizer locations to the world map (Collectible Items section). The labels in Roman numerals are the same as the wiki’s; inactive locations are not included. For example, if you want the location in Bloodtide Coast, dial “VIII”, then dial “VI” on the Rift Stabilizer “telephone”. Coordinates credits go to Tim.

Click on the green circles to “check off” that location. The connecting lines are just to make it easier to see the locations, you don’t have to do it in that order.

notebene.3190

http://gw2timer.com/riftstabilizer

Since you asked, I’ve added the Rift Stabilizer locations to the world map (Collectible Items section). The labels in Roman numerals are the same as the wiki’s; inactive locations are not included. For example, if you want the location in Bloodtide Coast, dial “VIII”, then dial “VI” on the Rift Stabilizer “telephone”. Coordinates credits go to Tim.

Click on the green circles to “check off” that location. The connecting lines are just to make it easier to see the locations, you don’t have to do it in that order.

Wow, thanks!

Now, I did the first 13 to get the Class II RS. Does something happen if you visit all the available locations with the Class II RS now?

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

I only got to the Class I part, so maybe others can answer. I can’t find any mention of an achievement on the wiki or dulfy for completing the whole thing, so maybe it’s for future content.

Since this event takes you all over the world, it’s good to do it on a character you’ll want world completion for. If you scroll down the wiki, there’s some interesting places that you may just want to visit if not for pure curiosity.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Nothing happens when visiting all locations with a Class II Stabilizer…at this time.

Though, this may be the ‘Current Event’ that has a hidden achievement(s) that no one has found. I can’t remember, offhand.

Good luck.