How to take action against bad people?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: UnseeN.4928

UnseeN.4928

Hi,

I rarely post on the forums, i’m much more of a reader. However, just minutes ago something happened to me that made me really frustrated.

I’ll keep it short.
I got into a CoE party and all went fine. Soon i got into some disagreement with another player about how to do the dungeon, i backed down because i had no intention in discussions and just went with his plan of action.

Soon this escalated when 3 of our party (myself included) wanted to skip the Champion troll, since that’s possible. The other two insisted we did this. I told them to go ahead but we we’re gonna skip it. They replied with “little kitten”.
After that, they intentionally lured the troll upon us and votekicked us out.

tl;dr

I’m kitten ed because i spend 25 minutes in a dungeon being called names and being provoked, and i end up getting kicked for staying polite and mature about the whole thing, even after being called names.

How am i as a generally kind, mature and serious player supposed to do anything about this? I do realize that this is rare. But this is seriously something that i would like to have resolved, and i think this is a worth a multiple report. For verbal abuse, trolling and in some sense, scamming.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Just make sure you always start the dungeon whenever possible.

Also I don’t remember any troll in CoE.

UnseeN.4928

My bad, i meant Champion Abomination. Got things mixed up.

Still, that’s not a solution. It’s a sad thing that things like this happen, and i want some justice for this. I really need to see some authority act up here. It’s just so sad that people can be like that, and i think there should be measures taken!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Click their name > Click Report Player > Select the offense from the drop down (in your case it sounds like ‘verbal abuse’ option > Click Submit > Click their name again > Click Block Player so you don’t have to hear from them again.

Note: You will not receive the results of your report. If Anet determines their offense was deserving of a suspension they will do so.

The Burninator

Posted by: slaughterfest.6250

slaughterfest.6250

Man, I understand the grouping up and kicking you out after 30-50 mins of time in a dungeon, just because some little kid got his ego hurt. I think Vote Kicks should require atleast 3/5, not a pair of friends kicking the party.
Something should be done to prevent unmoral “kicking”

Bane Of The Legions (80 Reaper)
Duke Vindictae (80 Chronomancer)
Pain is temporary, Regret is forever.

UnseeN.4928

@justtrogdor

Of course that was my plan of action. But i for one know we need more of a justice system. Of course it would be hard to monitor every player’s behavior, and of course the report system should do it’s job.
But i feel really let down, I’ve never been this angered towards another player because this simply shouldn’t happen.

I agree with slaughterfest on the votekick system. But, i’m fine with it the way it is, as long as i get justice. What would really help me, is having some confirmation on the course of action.

In most western societies we have equal respect towards each other, and we have value’s and morals to stay civilized and respectful. Somehow in games, including gw2, this is kind of neglected and people do what they want to do, even if that “harms” another player. Is it really so strange to get some feedback on a report you made?

If i were to hurt someone in real life, and i get any form of punishment because of it, then the victim would know about it. What about in game? why not give people that satisfaction? If i got confirmation that the person i reported got some kind of punishment because of it, i would feel justified.

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

No offense, but if you joined someone else’s group, then refused to kill a dungeon boss/mini-boss when others want to kill it, its hard to put blame on them. If you wish to report them for the bad language, that’s one thing, but I find it hard to justify wanting to skip content, then arguing with those who do not. Particularly when you joined “their” group.

Granted, the bad language is uncalled for on their part, but how much time did you spend debating it with them compared to the 90s it would have taken to kill the mob?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

UnseeN.4928

Actually the group was started by another person who was in agreement with me, but kept quiet mostly. He then tried to re invite me after being kicked but that didn’t work out since the two “bad guys” were spamming the decline icon. Besides, it doesn’t matter who the party leader is, all that person did is click a few buttons, as i did to get into the party. This shouldn’t mean they get to say what we should or should not do inside the dungeon. Instead, the majority of people, which in this case agreed with me, should get to choose.

As for the skipping content part. The abomination is pretty hard to do. Next to that, the rewards aren’t worth the hold up. We can argue about this like we did in game, but the fact is that doing champ runs in frostgorge sound if by far efficient in comparison to any dungeon related champ that you could also skip.
That being said, i do understand that some people value to play for fun instead of rewards, i do also. Let’s be honest, 95% of the players try to play as efficient as possible, and that means skipping some “bonus” parts, it’s a reasonable decision. Especially seeing the majority of people voted to do so.

All they did was provoke verbally, to which i did not reply. So the only reason they wanted to kill the champ is because i voted to skip, which could potentially start another discussion, which happened of course, leading to the part where we got kicked and left with nothing but a broken armor and a bad feeling.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Man, I understand the grouping up and kicking you out after 30-50 mins of time in a dungeon, just because some little kid got his ego hurt. I think Vote Kicks should require atleast 3/5, not a pair of friends kicking the party.
Something should be done to prevent unmoral “kicking”

Agreed. Who came up with a vote option that only requires a 2nd? pretty sure the point of a vote is to see what the majority want not the few…

#ELEtism

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi,
I know these things happen and I don’t want to say who is wrong and right, but personally think I have to say that in my opinion both sides are wrong.

I know the champion you are talking bout and I know it is an annoying fight. But he does drop a loot box. Besides that skipping (specially with pugs) often results in a wipe as well due to lack of communication, ranger not having control over his pet, or issues with skipping the mobs after the champ. The result is that you still have to kill the champ (skipping only is possible ones).

As it sounds to me the coordination off the party was faulted long before. The discussion and misunderstanding bout the champ was the final drip and the 2 partymembers took the step that was inevitable to disbanded the party.

I disagree with a vote needing to be backed up by three people. I know these kind of experiences aren’t nice, but there are also times that it is needed to kick someone quickly. Besides that, having more people needed to vote leads to more discussion bout the vote and more drama over the kick. For example, yesterday I was doing guildmissions, as officer I was leading one of the many party’s. One person decided to start doing something else halfway (perfectly fine) but didn’t leave the party and another member came online. So needed the spot. I’m happy this could be done quick and without much discussion.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

For future reference it may be a good idea to make sure the group has agreed on their approach, at least generally, before starting the dungeon.

Are you skipping? Everything possible or only certain things? Are you planning/expecting to use specific tactics or builds? Are you assuming any of your party members are running a specific build and relying on that for your run to work? Are you expecting any rangers in the party to be able to provide unbound longbows to anyone who might want one at a moments notice?*

It’s actually something I first learned from playing Monopoly: do you have to auction un-purchased properties? Does money from Community Chests go to the bank or to the next player to land on free Parking? Is one player the banker or does the money go in the middle and everyone does it themselves? Etc.

But it seems to apply to any game (or part of a game) where players are given time and flexibility to work out their own ‘rules’ and ways of playing. Every individual or small group who regularly play together will have their own way of doing things and after a while it just goes without saying and they forget there’s any option until suddenly they’re playing with people who do it a different way.

*That last one did happen but I think it was almost certainly a one-off. I don’t think they understood that just because I had a bow in my hands didn’t mean I could ‘lend’ it to other players or that I had an infinite supply of other bows with me.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Not sure what you expect from a PuG in a Dungeon.

I’m not justifying the other players actions, but getting upset and attempting to seek some sort of “revenge” because you got called a name in an on-line video game is rather childish itself. Report the guy and move on.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Personally, my reaction after the first “little kitten” would have been report – block – politely say goodbye to the rest of the party members and leave the dungeon.

I have enough dealing with inmature kids (note that it doesn’t mean I think they’re necesarely young or kids, I just consider that anyone that uses name calling and insults in online games and in RL as well) when my son throws a temper tantrum, at college (almost 40 years old going back to college to finish degree, and usually the oldest in the room sometimes including the teachers), and at work when a client wants me to do impossible stuff under an even more impossible deadline, don’t need that as well in something I do purely for fun and entertainment.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

UnseeN.4928

I’m not justifying the other players actions, but getting upset and attempting to seek some sort of “revenge” because you got called a name in an on-line video game is rather childish itself. Report the guy and move on.

You are justifying other players actions.
You seem to think it’s okay for things like this to happen.
When you start up a game, it is meant to be fun. I don’t think calling names is fun, whether it’s in a game or not. The fun factor in RPGs is progress, which takes time.
When you spend time on something and someone takes away your rewards, you would not be happy! Thus it would be time to do something about that.

Brother Grimm.5176

You are justifying other players actions.
You seem to think it’s okay for things like this to happen.
When you start up a game, it is meant to be fun. I don’t think calling names is fun, whether it’s in a game or not. The fun factor in RPGs is progress, which takes time.
When you spend time on something and someone takes away your rewards, you would not be happy! Thus it would be time to do something about that.

You obviously don’t know what the word “justify” means, if you truly believe what I posted indicated it was ok for anyone to cursing at you. I just said it’s going to happen in any online environment (GW2 is much less than most) and all you CAN do is report them. The reporting is built in and easy to use (instructions in one of the other posts). Having a major personal crisis over it is just stressing yourself out over something you have no control over. I do it all the time and at some point in your life you will realize it’s not worth it.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

This topic and this 1 https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Leader-Leaving-Everyone-Gets-Kicked/first#content seem to be related (suggestion in 2nd post is same for both also)

if theres 1 thing ive learned, is that sometimes it pays to be firm and rule with an iron fist, rather than be humble and polite. especially when pugs are involved. so you made it clear that you wanted to skip the champ, and majority agreed with u. someone argues/disagrees with you.. strike 1. then they do something stupid like run and pull the champ, probably resulting in a group wipe. strike 2.. kick them. dont wait around for them to kick you instead.

i believe everyone has been kicked from pugs for pointless reasons at sometime or another. like the 2nd poster said, a surefire way to prevent this and yourself from being abused/trolled is to start the dung yourself. that way if you dont like the group attitude you can just leave, or if you do get kicked for whatever reason then you can have the satisfaction that they will be also.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Just want to point out, hopefully an anet’er reads, it’s harder to report someone when your party chat is wiped out when you leave a party (get kicked out).

I find it an annoying detail that for over a year has not been addressed.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Yeah I would strongly recommend that you do not pug, it’s really like flipping a coin: sometimes you’ll meet great, friendly and supportive people… but other times you’ll sometimes wonder why you have GW2 installed to endure even meeting some of the worst people you’ll have ever met.

If you’d like, you are more than welcome to join my guild. We do dungeons every day, have a bunch of people who’ve been playing since betas in our guild helping others get Dungeon Master. If you’re interested feel free to send me a PM, we’d love to have you.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

Posted by: Yongguk.1830

Yongguk.1830

Well it IS one of the many consequences of running with PUG. Although it sounds like to me that your term of justification might be a little off.

Of course i have had similar situations where once i suggested something and someone went apekitten on me. I didn’t like it, i felt like badmouthing back, and just report. Though somehow i felt i should be mature and be the ‘bigger person’ there, i just talked back as normally as i could. After that, somehow it still sucks and you still get that ‘wanting for justice’ feeling yes? I’d like to say maybe those two people hurt your ego too.

In this case, just let it go. It is a game, like it or not, there are immature people out there in this game. I’ve learned to just shrug it and think of it as a humour.

Jaywin Lannister – Guardian
Hermès Kelly – Warrior

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

How am i as a generally kind, mature and serious player supposed to do anything about this? I do realize that this is rare. But this is seriously something that i would like to have resolved, and i think this is a worth a multiple report. For verbal abuse, trolling and in some sense, scamming.

I completely understand where you’re coming from. If I were you, I’d just report the guys for the worst abuses and then forgive and forget. Those kids are probably coming in from other games like Maple Story, where those kinds of actions are common. I should know: I play MapleStory from time-to-time.

Don’t let it get to you. Most likely these were under-age kids who think they can get away with being rude because Mommy and Daddy aren’t looking. It’s not worth letting these babies ruin the game for you. Report, Ban, and Forgive-and-Forget.

Oh, and remember: PUGing is like hitchhiking. You’ll never know who you’ll meet.

(edited by kta.6502)

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hi,

I rarely post on the forums, i’m much more of a reader. However, just minutes ago something happened to me that made me really frustrated.

I’ll keep it short.
I got into a CoE party and all went fine. Soon i got into some disagreement with another player about how to do the dungeon, i backed down because i had no intention in discussions and just went with his plan of action.

Soon this escalated when 3 of our party (myself included) wanted to skip the Champion troll, since that’s possible. The other two insisted we did this. I told them to go ahead but we we’re gonna skip it. They replied with “little kitten”.
After that, they intentionally lured the troll upon us and votekicked us out.

tl;dr

I’m kitten ed because i spend 25 minutes in a dungeon being called names and being provoked, and i end up getting kicked for staying polite and mature about the whole thing, even after being called names.

I am griefed every time I say I am a Ranger – 99% will ask me if I ‘have another character’.

The sheer meanness of some people who want to control others is just getting awful.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I completely understand where you’re coming from. If I were you, I’d just report the guys for the worst abuses and then forgive and forget. Those kids are probably coming in from other games like Maple Story, where those kinds of actions are common. I should know: I play MapleStory from time-to-time.

Don’t let it get to you. Most likely these were under-age kids who think they can get away with being rude because Mommy and Daddy aren’t looking. It’s not worth letting these babies ruin the game for you. Report, Ban, and Forgive-and-Forget.

Oh, and remember: PUGing is like hitchhiking. You’ll never know who you’ll meet.

I have seen proven adults doing this same thing. One can’t get one’s guild to go into many dungeons together, PUGS are all that’s left…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Whyterose.3097

Whyterose.3097

I am glad I took the time to read through the forums to see the state of the game before reinstalling GW2. Seems like things have only gotten worse, I never did agree with needing only 2 people to vote to remove someone from a group.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, I have no need to reinstall this game now.

Brother Grimm.5176

I am griefed every time I say I am a Ranger – 99% will ask me if I ‘have another character’.

The sheer meanness of some people who want to control others is just getting awful.

You do realize they have a legit reason to have doubts about taking a Ranger into a Dungeon area, right? Dead Pets do not make for an optimum group and even the BEST Ranger player will agree it’s a disadvantage to the overall group effort.

That being the case, I also play a Ranger, so I know the grief you are speaking of but it’s much less the “controlling” attitude (I just ignore that) than the rudeness and mean spirited comments that are totally unnecessary. There are far to many players out there that equate being uncompromising in who and how you will play to having no time for ANY form of manners at all. Not having time to be nice does not mean you NEED to be rude.

Just want to point out, hopefully an anet’er reads, it’s harder to report someone when your party chat is wiped out when you leave a party (get kicked out).

This is a very valid point. I don’t think you can attach an existing screenshot to the report either (you have to generate the screenshot WHILE the report window is opened (or did I just dream that shortfall of the report system?)).

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

You do realize they have a legit reason to have doubts about taking a Ranger into a Dungeon area, right? Dead Pets do not make for an optimum group and even the BEST Ranger player will agree it’s a disadvantage to the overall group effort.

That being the case, I also play a Ranger, so I know the grief you are speaking of but it’s much less the “controlling” attitude (I just ignore that) than the rudeness and mean spirited comments that are totally unnecessary. There are far to many players out there that equate being uncompromising in who and how you will play to having no time for ANY form of manners at all. Not having time to be nice does not mean you NEED to be rude.

This is a very valid point. I don’t think you can attach an existing screenshot to the report either (you have to generate the screenshot WHILE the report window is opened (or did I just dream that shortfall of the report system?)).

You can’t if you do the report in-game, you can if you do it with the website (guildwars2.com – support – ask a question – report a violation).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

I have seen proven adults doing this same thing. One can’t get one’s guild to go into many dungeons together, PUGS are all that’s left…

To clarify : When I said “kid” and “babies” I wasn’t referring to the players ages. I was referring to their mannerisms. Their manners are like an immature child or a spoiled rotten teenager. I’m in my 30’s and I’ve seen some adults revert to child behavior when they can’t get their way.

Real adults (like myself) don’t go on cussing fits and try to intimidate people when other players refuse to fight certain bosses. What those other players did to the first poster was bullying.

I recently had one player call me a “kitten” during an event on PvE. I told that guy to stop and eventually walked away from that player. Life is too short to hang out with downers and rude people. Just my 2 cents.

(edited by kta.6502)

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

the 2 people kick system is bad anyway it should be 3 want kick at least not a minority decide over the majority simple bcs they are faster