How to use gifts of exploration? How to craft legendaries? (Answered)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Serka.1752

Serka.1752

Q:

I’m wondering, once you finish the world completion, get the 2 gifts of exploration that are used to create legendary weapons, how do you use them? Can you trade them for 2 specific gifts you want? More specifically, gift of metal and darkness (for twilight)?

Serka.1752

A:

To anyone who is still in the dark about this or other legendary weapon requirements, check out this guide I found!

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/64363-legendary-weapons-guide/

Serka.1752

anyone out there who knows?

Posted by: Jericho.4258

Jericho.4258

I have been researching this myself. Although I have found nothing official, I have heard speculation from numerous gaming sites that you may be able to use the gift of exploration in place of one of the other ‘gifts’ in the creation of legendary weapons.
Again, all just speculation.

If you hear something more plausible/official let me know.

~Warbrek~ Level 80 Norn Warrior
~Josiah Jericho~ Level 80 Human Thief

Serka.1752

Those are my thoughts too, putting them in the forge individually and the other 2 items and maybe it will automatically recognize the recipe for which legendary it is? that sounds the most plausible now, if someone could confirm that then great.

Posted by: Dotimus.7096

Dotimus.7096

“Unfortunately, not much information is available on Legendary weapons and how to craft them.

Miyani, standing next to the Mystic Forge in Lion’s Arch, sells recipes for various gifts that are used to craft legendary weapons (such as Gift of Wood and Gift of Nature, which are both used to create the legendary longbow Kudzu). Miyani also sells 200 Skill Point Bloodstone Shards, 50 Point Eldritch Scrolls, and a few other items for forging.

The exact recipe for legendary weapons is currently unknown, but a lot of work is being put into discovering it currently. It is known that it requires a lot more than what was first thought to be the recipe (two gifts, exotic base weapon, and bloodstone shard). Two of the four ingredients for the final legendary weapon have been confirmed, and those are the respective exotic base weapon, and an item (name unknown) created from: Gift of Exploration (100% world completion), Gift of Battle (500 Badges from WvW), Bloodstone Shard (200 skill points), and 250 Obsidian Shards (bought for 2100 karma from a vendor on Orr). The other two components have yet to be discovered."

This from the wiki, explains that the Gift of Exploration is used in the crafting of an Unknown item that is used to craft a legendary weapon.

Dotimus Prime
High Grade Gaming
Guild Master

Serka.1752

Hm, well on the official guild wars 2 wiki it shows the items needed to craft each legendary, yet has anyone ACTUALLY confirmed it? im dying to know xD

Posted by: Nibbler.6130

Nibbler.6130

But if you indeed need those gifts of exploration then you could craft only 2 legendaries per character?! That would be kinda lame. Crafting every legendary on your main would be a nice target for the future…

Serka.1752

Crafting every legendary on your main would be a nice target for the future…

or at least the ones you can use