Hows does one use worldwide chat?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: CookieMonster.7809

CookieMonster.7809

Hi all fellow players,

I got a question here, sorry for being ignorant :p I noticed there are some players talking and their names are in red in the chatbox. They seem to be able to chat and all players in the world can see it. I tried finding ways to use it and couldnt. Will really appreciate it if any of you can inform me regarding this.

Thanks in advance

A fellow player,
CookieMonster

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

There is no world wide chat. What you are seeing is /map chat which is the chat for the current area you are in essentially.

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

/m or /map brings you to a light red name which allows everyone in your current map to see it.

/t or /team allows everyone from your server in WvWvW to see your chat.
/m in WvWvW does the same thing, and regardless of what people say, no, the enemy server cannot see it.

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

/m in WvWvW does the same thing, and regardless of what people say, no, the enemy server cannot see it.

Lol people have said that not jokingly?

Posted by: CookieMonster.7809

CookieMonster.7809

Hey all thanks for clearing this up Now I know how to inform nearby players hehe.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Lol people have said that not jokingly?

Ive had people whisper me to not use it because they think im giving away our locations with it.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Regarding WvW chat briefly, can the invaders/defenders see ANY chat?

A couple times when I was gathering the POIs and was on the last few I just charged into enemy controlled camps. And at least once got stopped just short of it by the enemy players. And I typed something like “/s Awww, I just wanted the POI” which got no reply. So I assume they cannot see /s chat.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.