Hybrid vs Pure

Hybrid vs Pure

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Hi guys , I just wondering which one is better in general ?
To be pure tank , dps , healer or to mix them all ( Hybrid ) ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Half measures usually end up with the player character lying in a pool of their own blood, so it’s probably a good idea to pick a direction for your character.

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Half measures usually end up with the player character lying in a pool of their own blood, so it’s probably a good idea to pick a direction for your character.

Unless you are a guardian. Then by all means dps/tank/ healer it is.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Hybrid vs Pure

killcannon.2576

Unless you are a guardian. Then by all means dps/tank/ healer it is.

lol, good point.

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

“I am an army of one!”

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

So pure is always better than hybrid ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

DPS, no matter what profession you play. Always DPS.

Hybrid vs Pure

killcannon.2576

So pure is always better than hybrid ?

Yes. Pick what you want to do and do it the best you can. Warning: There is no real reason to go full heals.

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

There really isn’t that much healing in the game. Drop the trinity notion before proceeding further.

Now, as for “hybrids” this usually refers to the type of damage done and not if you do damage. Nearly all builds do damage. There are two main forms of damage in the game: Conditions, and Direct Damage. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but until you get to know more about the game I would suggest defaulting to direct damage, since it doesn’t have as many issues as condition damage at the moment.

Hybrid builds attempt to utilize both conditions and direct damage at the same time. If done right, these can do quite a bit of damage, and can have more options for versatility in builds. In general, though, going for pure direct damage (Berserker equipment) outdamages everything else, even condition builds.

Then it comes down to how survivable you want to be, and how much offense you want to sacrifice for that durability. With the ability to swap out equipment pieces and traits, you can come up with all kinds of stat distributions.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Hybrid vs Pure

digiowl.9620

There really isn’t that much healing in the game. Drop the trinity notion before proceeding further.

Makes one wonder why ANet even bothered putting in Toughness and Healing Power as stats…

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yeah go pure dps, its the only way to avoid enemy flak if you do dungeons with other dps.

Unless of course you want to laugh throughout the dungeon and watch the dpsers constantly die for no apparent reason while the same mob barely tickle you, in that case by all means go hybrid/tank.

Also, please go pure dps in WvW. Really, its awesome against our guild train, we dont drop dps like flies at all, trust me. If only more people went dps so we had more challenge, sigh… Only kittenty guilds go PvT. Honestly.

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Pure is always the best (but most of them riskier and the other worthless). Hybrid is a good one, if you are having hard time with your class (or this is your first character).

Hybrid vs Pure

digiowl.9620

Barely tickles, yeah right…

Hybrid vs Pure

killcannon.2576

Yeah go pure dps, its the only way to avoid enemy flak if you do dungeons with other dps.

Unless of course you want to laugh throughout the dungeon and watch the dpsers constantly die for no apparent reason while the same mob barely tickle you, in that case by all means go hybrid/tank.

Also, please go pure dps in WvW. Really, its awesome against our guild train, we dont drop dps like flies at all, trust me. If only more people went dps so we had more challenge, sigh… Only kittenty guilds go PvT. Honestly.

I run both sets for my warrior, a full tanky set- pvt and healing, and almost full zerk set with some healing accessories. The tank build is only good in certain situations and usually utilities and having skills that give you vigor are more than enough to help you survive with a zerk set. The game just isn’t built around having your armor save you at all and vitality and toughness just don’t have the synergy with skills that power/critical/ and crit dmg do. Your own skills and the skills/traits of your build will save you 50 times more than stacking vitality and toughness ever will.

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Tell your DPSers that there’s a dodge button.

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

I run both sets for my warrior, a full tanky set- pvt and healing, and almost full zerk set with some healing accessories. The tank build is only good in certain situations and usually utilities and having skills that give you vigor are more than enough to help you survive with a zerk set. The game just isn’t built around having your armor save you at all and vitality and toughness just don’t have the synergy with skills that power/critical/ and crit dmg do. Your own skills and the skills/traits of your build will save you 50 times more than stacking vitality and toughness ever will.

Tell your DPSers that there’s a dodge button.

These two posters have it right. Going pure DPS, so you kill things fast (dead mobs don’t do much damage), and knowing when to dodge will do more than going “tanky”.

If you want, go with toughness and vit for a while, then start swapping gear out for zerker stats. You can always keep the tanky stuff in your bags and swap it back in if needed.

Keep in mind, this is all for PVE. In WvW, though, vit helps a lot.

Hybrid vs Pure

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

There are no dps, healers, or tanks in GW2. The idea is to deal large amounts of damage, while maintaining your personal survival, and adding a helping of group support.

For instance, a dungeon mesmer with some reflections is going to keep the party alive easier, thus allowing everyone to continue to dps rather than stop to heal.

If you can stack boons on your party at the sacrifice of a little personal dps, it will be an overall party boost.

Also, dodge is the best defense. Shouldn’t need to stack hardly any tough/vit in PvE.

In PvP/WvW you’re going to want to build a bunch more survivability into yourself, as well as take counters, escapes, interupts, cc, etc. That’s a more subjective thing.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)