I can not 100% maps, someone help!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Thell.3928

Thell.3928

Completed all the pve maps, and all wvw, and I’m 99%, missing 02 Waypoints and 15 points of interest. I do not know where it is lacking, I can not find the error. Placing the mouse over the names, values ??indicate full. Some guidance to solve this my problem?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Hard to help without us being able to see your map of each area…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Thell.3928

Thell.3928

values ??which indicate points of interest and waupoints and others are correct. Nothing is missing. even so I still have 99%

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Try going into the chamber of secrets in the Bloodtide Coast. That has happened a fair amount. (I had to go there, even though I think I had it before.)

If you don’t get the gift and the little star then, you must be missing something.

However, they have added points of interest and waypoints that you are not required to get if you had completed the zone before they were added..

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Don’t look at the % of the map. If they added things to the map even after you completed it, it will still say 100% even though you are missing a poi/wp and does not grant 100% map complete.

Mouse over each map, do not look at percentage, look at the actual counts of each one.
I ran into this with a character where they added things to maps after I had 100% completed them months ago. I had to go back to those maps, even though they said 100%, and get the things added to get the gift if completion.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Three things:

1. Check out the Chantry of Secrets in Bloodtide Coast. It does not show up on the map, but it does have a PoI that you need.

2. Go to Divinity’s Reach and check your map. This area does not have a world map mouseover indicator.

3. Ignore the percentages in the mouseover on the world map. Look at the specific items for completion instead.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Chamber of secrets and the PoI in Claw Island are very common ones to miss.
A few way points was added with updates in Straits of Devastation, Malchors Leap, Ashford and a couple other maps, most are WPs for the guild puzzle missions, try to check it isn’t the case.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

He’s missing 2 WP and 15 POIs. Outside of actually accessing his account, he need to provide screen caps of each and every map. But if he did so, he’d already see which maps were incomplete.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m not sure how you could miss 15 PoI while doing Map completion in each area….a few I could see, but 15 seems like an entire map (tho 2 WPs are likely Guild Mission ones that have been added).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Basara.9405

Basara.9405

Aren’t you missing stuff from WvW?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Don’t look at the % of the map. If they added things to the map even after you completed it, it will still say 100% even though you are missing a poi/wp and does not grant 100% map complete.

Mouse over each map, do not look at percentage, look at the actual counts of each one.
I ran into this with a character where they added things to maps after I had 100% completed them months ago. I had to go back to those maps, even though they said 100%, and get the things added to get the gift if completion.

That is actually not the case. I just finished grabbing all the points/wp that have been added since release on one of my characters to get them back to 100%. It does say 100% on the character select screen but when you open the map in game it will show the correct %. The hover tooltip on each map will show the correct % if it is missing anything.

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Aren’t you missing stuff from WvW?

I agree, missing so many POIs with no obvious maps incomplete points to the WvW maps.
If just one POI is missing, Chantry of Secrets. It’s always Chantry of Secrets.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The Order knows how to hide, grant them that.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Have a read through this guide for map completion.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Guide-Explorer-Achievements-and-100-Map/first#post3156637

It lists commonly missed or overlooked areas as well as any new WPs or POIs added to the game through living story updates, perhaps you need to back track to previously completed maps to pick up some of these. Also, check around the Fields of Ruin area in Ascalon – you’d be surprised how many people don’t open or complete that map as it is tucked away in the far corner.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Hmmz, I do know a place where there are two waypoints and that is commonly missed by people: Southsun Cove!

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Southsun cove doesn’t currently count towards 100% map completion.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast