I cant sell some loot? +More noob questions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Raggy.4602

Raggy.4602

Hi, I’m new and was wondering why it is that when I get a new weapon or armor, sometimes I’m often unable to sell the old one that I no longer want to use?

Am I able to save these and mail them to other characters? Or is it worth it?

Also, can you tell me why I can sell some loot only to the Black Lion Trading thing but not others? The way the interface works feels awkward when fiddling with equipment and other panels.

One last thing. How do I switch weapons quickly? I have swap weapons key-bound, but it doesn’t do anything, there’s a couple of weapons in my bag. Does there have to be only one for it to work?

Thank you very much!
I am loving Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Rhianne.4027

Rhianne.4027

The items you get as level up awards generally can’t be salvaged or sold. Items from karma or WvW vendors also can’t be salvaged, though karma vendor items at least can be put in the mystic forge.

These items are probably soul bound (check the text when you hover over them) so you couldn’t send them to someone else, or bank them for a different character either.

Check whether the loot is soul bound or account bound – either would prevent you from selling it on the trading post.

You unlock weapon swap when you hit lvl 15, at which point you get slots for a second set of weapons and the key will work.

Raggy.4602

Shpanx Rhianne, you’re very helpful!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You unlock weapon swap when you hit lvl 15, at which point you get slots for a second set of weapons and the key will work.

Except for engineers and elementalists.

Raggy.4602

Ah, thank you Khisanth! I’m an elementalist, now I know why it wouldnt work!

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

For the record, if you are playing a non-engineer or non-elementalist character, you will have two sets of weapons shown in the hero window. Those will be the ones for the weapon swapping, not anything in your bags.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

When you get around to getting more bags for your inventory, the “invisible” bag will be invisible to merchants and the trading post as well so anything you put in them will not sell, you have to put the items in a different bag to sell them.