I have 3 characters stuck at Victory or Death

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Papabear.9846

Papabear.9846

I have having the hardest time finding a group to finish the story line. I have 3 different characters who I need to get finished, and I have not been able to get into a group in weeks. Any suggestions?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Are you using the LFG tool to find a party to do Arah SM?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

HI CV,

@OP, if your on HoD.. oh wait nm Megaservers…. are you in a guild?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Are you NA? I’m in a helping mood this week and have done Arah Story on plenty of alts so I can explain the fights to a group that’s willing to wait for me to type info before they charge in.

If my guildies are on I can see if any of them want to help fill it out, but the last time I saw someone asking for Arah Story I was able to corral 3 more people just in the map and we zipped right through the dungeon.

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Ya, it gets harder and harder to find people for this and all dungeon story modes as fewer and fewer players require it.

Anyways, I would suggest:
Step 1 – ask in guild for help
Step 2 – post in LFG “Arah Story all welcome”
Step 3 – spam map chat…..“looking for more for Arah Story, self invite” (not everyone needing Story will be scanning the LFG just at the time that you happen to post it)
Step 4 – be patient

People in your guild might not be free right away to help out but if no one is willing to help out when they “do” become free……well, you might want to consider finding yourself a more friendly guild.

Posted by: Blush Lift.3570

Blush Lift.3570

Are you NA? I’m in a helping mood this week and have done Arah Story on plenty of alts so I can explain the fights to a group that’s willing to wait for me to type info before they charge in.

If my guildies are on I can see if any of them want to help fill it out, but the last time I saw someone asking for Arah Story I was able to corral 3 more people just in the map and we zipped right through the dungeon.

This, apart from I’m EU, so if you are on EU as well then add me as a friend and I’ll help you run through it with a group.

Posted by: Worblehat.8697

Worblehat.8697

I’d like to do Arah Story Mode (well, all the dungeons Story Mode at some point) to finish the personal story as well.

How PUGable are the Story Modes of dungeons? After years in other MMOs I’m strongly PUG-averse (and I gather PUGs here offer toxicity on top of the usual issues, since apparently there’s a “vote-kick” mechanism…) but there may be no other choice. I might be able to do Arah SM in guild since there seem to be a lot of us who need it, the trick will be scheduling. Getting the other Story Modes done appears to be PUG or nothing though.

I take it the rewards for Story Mode dungeons are poor/nonexistant, or the time to run them is very long such that reward/time is terrible? It sounds like they’re de facto once per character content, whether or not that was Anet’s intent (for obvious game design reasons I presume it wasn’t).

Posted by: Blush Lift.3570

Blush Lift.3570

I’d like to do Arah Story Mode (well, all the dungeons Story Mode at some point) to finish the personal story as well.

How PUGable are the Story Modes of dungeons? After years in other MMOs I’m strongly PUG-averse (and I gather PUGs here offer toxicity on top of the usual issues, since apparently there’s a “vote-kick” mechanism…) but there may be no other choice. I might be able to do Arah SM in guild since there seem to be a lot of us who need it, the trick will be scheduling. Getting the other Story Modes done appears to be PUG or nothing though.

I take it the rewards for Story Mode dungeons are poor/nonexistant, or the time to run them is very long such that reward/time is terrible? It sounds like they’re de facto once per character content, whether or not that was Anet’s intent (for obvious game design reasons I presume it wasn’t).

Story mode are more ‘PuG-friendly’ than explorable mode due to how easy the two compare to each other. Never had any issues with foul attitude in story mode dungeons even if there has been multiple wipes.

Explorable however can be very noob unwelcoming. If in any doubt just create the LFG yourself and state that its your first time or whatever. Also check out gw2dungeons.net/ this site helped me out a lot when first starting to play in dungeons.

If you are playing on EU then I have no issue helping you through them, story and explorable.