I hit 80...

I hit 80...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

So what is the most common thing to do when you hit level 80?
I have 3 gold, my armor are all blues around level 76 an i have 32% map explored.
Am I allowed to do any dungeon now?
Do i need better gear for fractals?
Where should i go to get gold faster so i can buy better gear?
Should i just continue exploring the map?

I hit 80...

Posted by: Oscar.4628

Oscar.4628

I’m on 40% map completion and I’m lvl 58 :o

Btw you could do dungeons since lvl 30.
Just saying

I hit 80...

Posted by: Millionaires.4201

Millionaires.4201

I hit 80...

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

So what is the most common thing to do when you hit level 80?
I have 3 gold, my armor are all blues around level 76 an i have 32% map explored.
Am I allowed to do any dungeon now?
Do i need better gear for fractals?
Should i just continue exploring the map?

-Do whatever you enjoy most: my friend does WvW, I wander the open-world and do dungeons for fun, another friend works on Fractals, another friend works on a legendary.
-Yes, you should fit the level requirement for any dungeon now- however, I recommend starting with Ascalonian Catacombs story mode, the first dungeon, located in the charr starting area, as dungeons take some getting used to.
-I’d suggest getting at least level 80 masterworks, but what really matters in Fractals is being aware of your surroundings and being able to coordinate well as a group. Level 10+ is where agony starts kicking in and the mobs hit much harder.
-Dungeons or farming Orr give a lot of money.
-If you want to.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

I hit 80...

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

….

There’s a lot more to do when you’re level 80 than you might think. Someone earlier correctly pointed you to the “I’m Level 80…now what?” thread stickied at the top of this forum.

Level 76 blues are fine for exploring (which it seems you still have a good amount left to do! ), but I’d be wary of that equipment for higher level dungeons and definitely shy from Fractals wearing that (unless you’re with good-natured friends). If you’re looking to purchase gear, your Order from your story (Priory, Whispers or Vigil) sells some very nice high level stuff in their home instance.

But Gold isn’t the only way to get great armor. Crafting is actually the best way to make the weapons and armor you want. If you’re not level 400 in a crafting profession, you should definitely get there (or make a friend you can keep supplied…haha). Also: Karma vendors in Orr, the Mystic Forge and doing a few low level dungeon crawls can get you quickly into some superior armor and weapons.

(edited by azureai.9764)

I hit 80...

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

….

There’s a lot more to do when you’re level 80 than you might think. Someone earlier correctly pointed you to the “I’m Level 80…now what?” thread stickied at the top of this forum.

Level 76 blues are fine for exploring (which it seems you still have a good amount left to do! ), but I’d be wary of that equipment for higher level dungeons and definitely shy from Fractals wearing that (unless you’re with good-natured friends). If you’re looking to purchase gear, your Order from your story (Priory, Whispers or Vigil) sells some very nice high level stuff in their home instance.

But Gold isn’t the only way to get great armor. Crafting is actually the best way to make the weapons and armor you want. If you’re not level 400 in a crafting profession, you should definitely get there (or make a friend you can keep supplied…haha). Also: Karma vendors in Orr, the Mystic Forge and doing a few low level dungeon crawls can get you quickly into some superior armor and weapons.

Yes, many people say crafting is the best way but i noticed that no matter how much materials i get during exploration i always run out of them. I loot everything and gather all resources i come across but it just doesn’t cut it. The only way to get enough is to buy them and that’s quite expensive for me. I sold the materials i didn’t use for my crafting profession but i don’t know if that’s a smart thing to do…. The fact both of my crafting professions require the same materials makes everything even harder.
Anyway thanks everyone for responses.

I hit 80...

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

….

Yes, many people say crafting is the best way but i noticed that no matter how much materials i get during exploration i always run out of them. I loot everything and gather all resources i come across but it just doesn’t cut it. The only way to get enough is to buy them and that’s quite expensive for me. I sold the materials i didn’t use for my crafting profession but i don’t know if that’s a smart thing to do…. The fact both of my crafting professions require the same materials makes everything even harder.
Anyway thanks everyone for responses.

Crafting is the cheapest way if you can gather all the materials yourself, or have enough gold to make the 1-400 investment. I personally found it easier to do a few dungeon/Fractal runs for gold (while geared in rares/masterworks), and then buy my gear from the Trading Post. It depends on personal preference and market prices, I guess.

You could also grind dungeons for tokens which you can trade for level 80 exotic gear- check this page for which stat sets are available at what dungeons: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_nomenclature Again, though, it’s personal preference.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread