I just can't decide! Plz help.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rc Traxx.4702

Rc Traxx.4702

OK guys an gals first off let me apologize. I’m coming to gw2 from wow.( I know booooo) and let me just say I suck at dodging and I’m pretty slow on keyboard dancing.

I don’t really care whether is melee or ranged. But I would like a profession that is noob friendly and will let me get away with lots of mistakes unlike thief or ele.

Any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Warrior and necromancer have the two highest health pools. Warrior has a good number of movement skills, stun breaks, and invulnerability skills. Necro has death shroud, which is basically a second health pool with different damage skills. Both of those are good beginner classes to start with. Use them to work out the basics of the game (including dodging, which is a majorly important aspect of combat in GW2).

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As someone who also came from WoW (mostly Fire Mage and Holy Priest), I too had to learn to dodge and to retain mobility in fights.

I would suggest Guardian to you as needing the least mobility thanks to all the protective boons they can keep generating. They are nothing like WoW paladins. Toss in some healing power and while they might not kill anything fast, they will resist dying very nicely and survive things that might one-shot others.

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

I don’t really care whether is melee or ranged. But I would like a profession that is noob friendly and will let me get away with lots of mistakes unlike thief or ele.

Warrior, Ranger, Necromancer.

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Going to second the above posts and suggest necro because honestly…it’s just fun lol. I started playing one about 2 months ago after not having touched one since launch and fell in love, now I have 3 and am working on a 4th for Reaper lol. They have good damage, access to a variety of builds, and are extremely enjoyable to play in my opinion. Another fun class to start with that’s not to complicated is condi engi which, depending on the build, can be pretty simple to pick up. If you’d like to talk builds or even do a bit of training I’d be more than happy to meet you in game and we could go to a private pvp room to talk shop. ^^

Also welcome to the game <3

(edited by Moonlit.6421)

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

l will second Moonlit.6421. Necro has a lot of build options. So does Ranger if you want a medium armor class.
I really like Necro, but have decided to stick to medium armor classes and currently am having the most fun on my Condition Engineer as a Silverwaste farmer. That class in that environment does require movement and dodging (that way I play it), so maybe that’s a class you want to try later after getting used to the combat system… maybe?
Anyway, welcome to the game. Anything need or question you have please ask.
Lots of good people lurk these forums and hang out in-game.

Enjoy your subscription-fee experience in GW2.
(yes, that’s a dig at WoW).

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”