I looted it, now what?

I looted it, now what?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Vindred.1352

Vindred.1352

In reference specifically to the penitent and plinx areas, but I suppose also a valid question for other ares, we often get masterwork items as loot. I can understand just vendoring most of the garbage weapons and such, but it seems like a waste to just vendor the masterworks. I was doing the salvage method for a while, but silk and leather and mithril are hardly ever even worth the vendor price of what I just salvaged. Anybody got any creative tips out there for using these poor discarded masterwork items that were so kindly “donated” to us for various NPC genocides?

Where’s my Dervish, ANet?!

I looted it, now what?

Posted by: Uriel.3684

Uriel.3684

I usually hold my level 80 masterworks to put into the Mystic Forge to make rares and then salvage those for ecto.

I looted it, now what?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

4 high level masterwork work into mystic forge has a 20% chance to give you a high level rare, otherwise it’ll give you a random masterwork which can be re-forged. use level 68+ and the rare you get can be salvaged for ecto.

I looted it, now what?

Posted by: Vindred.1352

Vindred.1352

That, as obvious as it should have been, honestly never occurred to me, thanks guys I’ll start trying ti.

Where’s my Dervish, ANet?!

I looted it, now what?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

until 2 weeks ago, I was vendoring masterwork. until 2 months ago, I was TPing masterwork… then I realized TP almost never offered more than vendor, and usually required reposting.