I'm a level 80 engineer with 66k karma and love WvW

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jaxi.1096

Jaxi.1096

are the vendors in the WvW starting area the only ones that sell armor for WvW? Where do I get better armor?

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

You can wear any gear except that which is specific to sPvP.

http://www.gw2armor.com/

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

For wvw? Wvw armor uses the same armor in the pve world so you might have to get better items in pve :p

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Par.8543

Par.8543

I Have 120k of karma, and have been searching for the karma armour. Unfortunately when I preview the WvW karma armour it looks basic and a complete waste of even 1 karma. I’m starting to think that karma is just a complete and utter waste of time. I bought some armour when I reached lvl80, Karma armour looks plain and not even close stats wise to my bought armour.

Posted by: Soulblazer.3105

Soulblazer.3105

It depends on your class and your play style. There are 6 karma merchants with lv 80 exotic armors but if you want all the pieces to have the same stats you have to go to many (if not to all) of them. http://dulfy.net/2012/09/08/gw2-templegod-karma-armor-sets/ Here are their locations and the stats of the pieces that they sell but if you decide to buy from them you have to farm a bit cause it costs 42k karma a piece. I bought from them a light Power/Toughness/Vitality set which really helped me (except from the leggings that does not exist and I had to buy them with WvW tokens). If, on the other hand, you don’t want to gather all this karma for the set you can also see the dungeon sets from the vendors in Lion’s Arch. Maybe some of them have the stats that you want but you will need some time to gather the tokens.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

AC explo dungeon set also has power/tough/vit so that may be easier to complete than using karma points. plus, you never know when you’ll need that karma :P

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

The easiest armour to get would probably be your Order’s armour. You will find an armour vendor in your chosen Order’s headquarter.
Each piece costs around something under 2g (all pieces together are 8g 88s), and the looks are unique. Of course, whether it has the stats you want is a different question.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.