I'm "cramming" for my Monthly . . . help!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Yhippa.9046

Yhippa.9046

I got lazy and didn’t do a good job of keeping track of my progress towards my Monthly. I’ve completed 3/4 tasks and have one more left. Here’s what I have left to choose from:

• Spy on This! (11%)
  • Puzzle Jumper (8%)
  • Monthly WvW Player Kills (0%)
  • Fractal Frequenter (0%)

My understanding is that with two days left it will be impossible for me to complete “Spy on This!” because you can only get 50 of them per day. So I’m thinking it would be best for me to do the other 11 jumping puzzles? That would take a long time and I don’t know how hard it would be to solo them.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

you can do three JP in lions arch,

but it takes only two and a half fractal runs to finish the monthly (7 fractals i think? maybe 10?)
you can finish it easily in couple of hours on level 2 and 3. because each run is 3 fractals and even ones are 4 fractals

use gw2lfg to find easy group.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Fractal’s do need a bit of experience imo.
WvW is too late now
Spy on thishas a problem with the daily reset.
I say your savest bet is puzzle jumping. These are the ones I did (and are considered the easiest that can be done solo)
a: 3 in lion’s arch
b: loreclaw expanse in Wayfairer foothills
c: demongrub’s pit in Queensdale
d: Morgan’s leap and spelunker’s delve in Caledon Forest
e: hidden garden in mount maelstrom
f: Antre of Adjournment in malchor’s leap
g: King Jalis’s Refuge in Snowden drifts
h: Tribulation Caverns in Dredgehaunt cliffs
i: Shattered Ice Ruins in frostgorge sound
j: Under New Management in southsun cove
k: Behem Gauntlet in blazeridge steps.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

It is not too late for WvW. I did that and it took about 3 hours running after a zerg.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It is not too late for WvW. I did that and it took about 3 hours running after a zerg.

I would agree with this. Now, I suppose it depends on your server situation, but there has to be ‘some’ time of day where this should be possible. My experience was about the same amount of time too.

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

personally i’d try for the wvw kills, how many is it exactly? i can hit about 500-1k each night depending on how well we’re doing and how determined the opposing team is, granted we are t1 but the monthly can’t be more than 250 which can easyly be done in 3 days

Posted by: komayo.2385

komayo.2385

Go for the WvW. it’s easy to get the 40 kills you need in a couple of hours or less… so that is your best choice. I just made mine today and was at 0% so I’m sure you will also get it. Good luck!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Is the WvW kill req down to 40, now? It was 50 closer to launch.

Posted by: yellow stang.5618

yellow stang.5618

I did the jumping puzzles mostly solo in two nights, about 5 hours total. I went to Dulfy’s puzzle guide to get the starting points, and chose mostly the “easy” puzzles – the 3 in Lion’s Arch to start, 3 in Caledon Forest (though the timed puzzle was not easy and took almost an hour by itself, with help from another player). The puzzles are definitely do-able before month’s end, and actually, quite fun!

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

WvW kills and jumping Puzzle are the easiest on that list. I personally would go for WvW kills. Fractal frequenter isn’t so bad either. Its probably around 1-1.5 hours. You just have to do 2 runs and one extra (not sure if jade maw counts as an extra). I had my monthlys done in the first few days. I think I have everything completed except for “spy on this”.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I did the jumping puzzles mostly solo in two nights, about 5 hours total. I went to Dulfy’s puzzle guide to get the starting points, and chose mostly the “easy” puzzles – the 3 in Lion’s Arch to start, 3 in Caledon Forest (though the timed puzzle was not easy and took almost an hour by itself, with help from another player). The puzzles are definitely do-able before month’s end, and actually, quite fun!

o_O The timed one shouldn’t take that long. You know each station acts as a checkpoint right? You can talk to the golem to get back to the furthest on you’ve reached.

Posted by: Yhippa.9046

Yhippa.9046

Thanks for the help everyone. I went into WvW and it looks like you need to be level 80 to really be productive. That’s my guess at least.

I think I’m going to try to do the jumping puzzles for now and if that doesn’t work then lesson learned!