I'm getting wrecked as melee in PVP

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Layam.9065

Layam.9065

I play a greatsword guardian. And everything is wrecking me. I can’t even get close enough to use either of my gap closers.

I went staff for awhile, thought maybe until I learned my class better I should heal a bit. People ran through my wall ability… that was disheartening. Not to mention the heals were negligible. Even the healing breeze ability.

Went Specter/Torch, thieves ruined me. Like ruined me.

So I’m here asking for help. I want to be a melee guardian but I just don’t know how I can without knowing the tells for abilities(To know when to dodge) What should I do?

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

How about both? Use the greatsword as a main weapon, and a scepter/shield in the off-hand. There is no single strategy that will help you against all type of players, so we have to adapt quickly. Switching weapons as the need arises is a good skill to learn, and will allow you do deal a lot easier with a greater variety of threats.

Anyway, the game favors the people that adapt. If you try to play solely as a melee character, you will run into issues. So better train a bit with both and learn to switch on the fly and you’ll do much better.

Layam.9065

I get that, but I never see my teammates doing that. And we win, so I feel like crap when I have 125, and everyone else is in the 140 range.

Layam.9065

Any good class alternatives for someone that wants to be pure melee?

Posted by: Ketchup Gas.5941

Ketchup Gas.5941

Building tanky should keep you from instantly dying.
But being tanky won’t make you invinceible so being melee you’ll carefully need to gauge the situations and how you should deal with them, and because melee is not always good for the situation at hand it’s always useful to have some ranged weapons as a swapping set.