I'm looking for a server without this. (pics inside)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: wicket.2485

wicket.2485

I’ve been farming for a legendary for a while and I can’t seem to find a server that doesn’t have this problem:

[Edit]

I’ve tried Tarnished Coast, Sanctum of Ral, Ehmry Bay, Fort Aspenwood so far. If you could give me the name of a good server that doesn’t have those problem, then I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

[Edited by CC: Links removed, name call-out]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I think you are accusing the people in your pictures of botting….
Every server have this problem. It isn’t keeping you away from obtaining the legendary. I’m afraid there are only two things you can do bout this:
1: always report them
2: try to ignore them

Arenanet have announced that they are busy with developping more methods to prevent botting. However the last method they introduced (DR) didn’t have a lot of success and resulted in a lot of complaints from the normal players.

Keep in mind that they won’t tell us much bout these methods. We are very likely just seeing the amount of botters go down. Somewhere i nthe next 24 hours we are expecting the first contentupdate since release (meaning that it is not just fixing bugs and smaller problems, but significant stuff), so who knows, very soon……

I will keep my fingers crossed for it.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

might I recommend the server of real life? Honestly though, those things are not gonna go away. It’s even annoying at low level areas people are botting x.x and ALL servers have those problems, some more than others, so i guess that’s a good direction to check out. but if this is orr, i’m pretty sure you’ll be rather disappointed. =/

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

The only properly effective way of countering botters is to have a CM/GM or other employee setup on each server or (1 per 2 servers) who’s only job is to find and ban botters.

This ofcourse costs more money the more servers you have. And Anet in their infinite wisdom went down the same route many other mmo companies do which is to have loads of smaller servers instead of a few big ones.

Anyway its unlikely to happen so we have to put up with 1 of two options. 1) the botters 2) a dumb anti bot program. ..potential both

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello wicket,

it’s not allowed to post possible bot names and screenshots which call-out names in the forums. Also, it seems that bots weren’t mentioned in the thread name and opening post to circumvent a moderation. For those reasons, the thread was closed.

Please report bots in-game if you haven’t done it already.

Greetings