I need guidance on improving my gear

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: TGI FRIDAY.6275

TGI FRIDAY.6275

I’ve been level 80 for quite some time now. I’m still finishing HoT. I never did care about gear too much however I just want things to do now lol. The gear I have now are all exotic. My amulets are all ascended. The stats on my gear are all Berzerker. I play an elementalist that’s main focus is DPS. I have a few questions regarding gear.

1. Is Zerker still the way to go for DPS? I just started playing again after a few months.

2. What should I be doing get better gear?

3. What upgrades should I place on my gear if all I want to do is DPS?

Posted by: GuardiansGrace.9631

GuardiansGrace.9631

What class are you referring to?

TGI FRIDAY.6275

I’m playing Elementalist

Posted by: GuardiansGrace.9631

GuardiansGrace.9631

Well everyone plays zerk, the only exceptions are Engies and Necros those are viper stats and a druid for raid which uses magi or sinister. and some of the classes the do use zerk they also use assassin’s trinkets to get their crit chance as high as possible without going over 100%

TGI FRIDAY.6275

Can someone answer 2.?

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Berserker’s is still the best for maximum dps, so you’re good there.

However, I always recommend eles mix in some Marauder with their Berserker’s. It has higher total stats than Berserker’s, so it lets you increase that tiny health pool for negligible losses in dps.

Anyway, priority for upgrading to ascended for dps is weapon > trinkets > armor.
Weapon has by far the highest impact on dps, due to both an increase in stats (power, etc) and an increase in weapon damage, and a weapon is slightly cheaper to make than a piece of armor.
Trinkets are by far the easiest to get, and give the most stats, making them grant the second biggest dps increase.
Armor offers the smallest dps increase and takes the most work to get.

Trinkets are best gotten via fractals, especially rings. Accessories are best gotten via guild commendations. Amulets are best gotten via laurels, though you said you already have that. There are also certain trinkets available via achievements.

The only reliable way to get weapons (or armor) is to craft. But ascended gear also drops from fractal chests and boss chests, and, rarely, even open world chests.

You can also get ascended stuff from raiding a lot.

(edited by reikken.4961)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

1) For an elementalist Berserker is still the best way to go for dps.

2) To best way to get ascended will depend on which piece. Fractal for rings and Guild Missions for Accessories. For back item it depend. Mawdrey is the less costly way to get a back item, especially if you want to infuse it for fractal, but it can take a long time.

Take a look at the list and see which one is best for you: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_back_item

For exemple, if you love fractal the fractal capacitor or even the Legendary could be a good option for you, but someone doing a lot of HoT map could prefer one of the Order back item.

As for weapons and armor. You can drop chest in fractal and sPvP, but depending if you are lucky or not it could take a while. Especially since you need to do t4 fractal to get the highest chance of getting ascended gear and you need ascended gear to reach that level in fractal. Most people craft their first set of ascended, then use that character to do fractals and gear up their alts. Pick what you prefer.

3) If you talk about rune and sigils it would be Scholar Runes with Sigil of Air and Force. If you talk about infusion then it depend. If you want to do fractal then it’s agony infusion. If you don’t care about fractal then it could be +5 stats infusion. There is other option like omni infusion and +5 stats +5 Agony resist infusion, but they are not cheap at all and if you ask me not worth it at all. Don’t worry too much about infusion slot for now unless you plan on doing fractal.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

TGI FRIDAY.6275

Thanks a lot guys!