I need help finding this feauture

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Samjam.9824

Samjam.9824

There probably already is a post for this but I cant find it. Im trying to figure out how you get it so when you open something like a bag it shows what you got in the bottom right corner above the mini map.

An example is in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuhUwdgukS8 He does it at around 1:10

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m pretty sure it does that automatically. I know my game does it and I didn’t have to set it up.

There might be a way to turn it off, which you might have done at some point, but if there is then I have no idea how.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: overlow.2980

overlow.2980

I’m not sure but that might be result of autoloot feature turned on (it is in the main settings window)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s automatic. All the person did in the video was move the minimap to the upper right hand corner of his screen instead of leaving it where it usually resides, at the lower right hand corner.

If you did that, you’d see exactly what he sees when opening bags. In default mode, you’d see what you get from open bags on the top right of your screen, under the “quest text” area.

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

The scrolling display of items is a function of the auto-loot option. If you turn it off you get a small pop-up wiondow instead where you have to manually select items you want to accept – at least that is what happens when looting in the open world, not sure how it manually selecting loot works when opening bags which only contain a single item.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Oh, I didn’t realise that. I decided during the betas that I liked auto-loot (I think as soon as it was added) so I turned it on as soon as I got into the game at launch and haven’t turned it off since.

I suppose it does make sense that the two are connected. If you’re manually choosing your loot you don’t really need to be told what you’ve just chosen.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

If you’re talking about the items you loot being listed on the right side, then it is what happens when you have autoloot enabled.