I need help with matching armor!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

I play a female human warrior and I am going for a very heavy armor look. I like the Dredge chestplate, but I’m not sure what to match it with. I’m currently wearing the leggards with it and T3 boots/gloves, T2 shoulders, and Primeval helm and I was told that it looks “ridiculous and stupid” by multiple people.

I want to keep the chestplate, but anything else is changeable (including colors). I’m not too keen on the leggards.

Attachments:

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I don’t get it, I think your character looks fine. I’m a fan of the SE legs, though. The only thing that stuck out to me was the gloves, I would personally change to slightly larger gloves?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally I don’t think it looks stupid at all, I like the colors, they work well with each other, yellow and purple work well as complementary colors and I like the general idea of having yellow/golden metallic parts and purple cloth (actually it can be a classic combination for royalty IIRC).

The one part I’d replace (and I see you already agree) is the pants, mainly because the shoulders, helmet and gloves (can’t see the shoes from there) use a lot of curves, and the chest piece works with them, but, IMHO, the pants have too many straight and squarey lines, maybe preview the same combination but with other armor leggings to see how they flow (maybe something like the sigil one or the T2 human).

That said, looks are subjective, what looks great for you might look stupid for someone else… but the one that’s going to be staring at that character most of the times is you, not them, so if it looks good to you, then it’s all good. As a good example, if it was my character, I’d replace the legguards and keep everything else….. while you see in the previous post someone else loves the legguards and would replace the gloves…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

That set doesn’t look ridiculous OR stupid. It’s actually much nicer than many of the armor mixes I see running around, and I applaud you for not resorting to white and black. The gold and purple looks nice

If you’re looking to tweak the look a little, Locoman raises a good point with the curves vs squares in your current set. You could try previewing the CM or WvW/Heavy Plate leg pieces. I can’t really see what boots your character has, but if you match them to the gloves, they should be fine.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

He’s wearing human t3 cultural boots, they match the gloves now.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You could try the Lionguard armor legs skin (gained by karma from places like Bloodtide Coast). I’m very fond of it on my first warrior. She’s a street rat and only has matching armor because her boss once provided her a set so his muscle would look decent. So it’s plain and dull colored. But the legs might work with your setup, maybe.

Attachments: